Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I go?

Post Thanks / Like

ooh wonderful! May you have a long and prosperous connection to this teacher!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you went and it worked out for you! Reminds us never to judge a book by its cover!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good! I'm happy everything worked out well! Have a great time

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad this worked out! Hooray for this happy ending!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Imeera! I missed your update, I'm really happy for you, sounds like you've found yourself a fab teacher! And you were learning Baladi too!
    sounds as if everthing is perfect! And I wouldn't worry about the students who didn't speak, chances are they are probably shy also!
    You're a bit of a distance from where I live, but it's only the next county, chances are that our paths may cross one day, I'll let you know of any w/ shops etc that are close!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to learn it is a good class despite the studio! I've had similar concerns where I live.

We had one class at a rec center one time and then serious belly dance teacher here who moved back to her hometown in another state. The other "belly dance" I've seen did not look at all reputable to me...a class/ "troupe" formed a couple times, but as far as I could tell, none of them, including the instructor, had ever done more than take the one 6 week intro class at the rec center a few years ago, and all the dancers did was set up a couple booths at community fairs and prance around in revealing street clothes with hip scarves tied on top.

So mine was the opposite...they had a very solid looking lesson space available...but the classes and "dancing" were not.

It sounds like you found a place where the venue didn't look so good but the classes turned out wonderfully...and that's good. That's the most important.

It's probably just an available space issue for the teacher...that happens sometimes. I went to college with a girl who taught children's ballet...and the poor woman had to gather all the little kids in the back room of the college theatre...with college kids walking around, theatre classes heard down a very short hallway, a very rude professor with his office across the hall....just because that was the one and only room she could find with a barre and a mirror in it. I remember it after all these years because I knew the ballet teacher...and she sat down at dinner angry because the professor came storming in and yelled at the children for being there...scared a whole room full of little girls taking ballet. He was my advisor...so I knew the feeling

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Imeera, I missed this thread but reading back I'm so glad people talked you into going!

Congrats on finding such a great class and have lots of fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yshka; Thanks Yshka! =] I am so addicted! I wish they were on every night =p

LadyLoba; Goodness! Thats really mean, poor little things, they must have been terrified! What a grinch ^.^=p I am glad it was nothing like this, though the lack of mirrors is the only thing I would improve. But its no big deal and I think they the classes are perfect without. I am used to dancing without mirrors too, it would feel like a luxury if I had them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234