Student teacher training

Fire Lily

Apologies to Salome if this thread is in the wrong section. Still new to the forum, so still learning my way round.
I’ve been bellydancing 6 years now, and are an advanced student. But next year I’m looking at doing a teacher training course to teach levels 1 and 2. What type of things should I expect? And what type of movement do I teach at that level?
Any advice much appreciated.

Fire lily

Mariesaffron

Fire Lili, if you are doing a teacher training curse you will learn what to teach, in level 1 and 2, in level one you teach basic movements and steps, like stacato hips, wich include hip bomps, hip lifts. hip drops, hip circles, bicicle hips. and chest circles you break then down in up, side, center, down, traveling steps, and small coreo. I will leave taxims for level 2. Marie

Aisha Azar

Teacher training

Dear Fire Lily,
I teach Teacher Training courses. The first thing that I try to make all teachers aware of is that the student is an individual person, with individual needs and talents. My first piece of advise, and I would call this the entirely of any "Level One" course...... BE STUDENT AWARE; MAKE THE CLASS ABOUT THE STUDENT AND THE DANCE.
Then you can begin to teach people how to dance.
Begin teaching people how to dance by teaching them 10 basic movements from which all other movements will spring. This will give them a good foundation for learning everything else they will ever learn.
I hope this is what you learn in teacher training.
Regards,
A'isha

Dear Fire Lily,
I teach Teacher Training courses. The first thing that I try to make all teachers aware of is that the student is an individual person, with individual needs and talents. My first piece of advise, and I would call this the entirely of any "Level One" course...... BE STUDENT AWARE; MAKE THE CLASS ABOUT THE STUDENT AND THE DANCE.
Then you can begin to teach people how to dance.
Begin teaching people how to dance by teaching them 10 basic movements from which all other movements will spring. This will give them a good foundation for learning everything else they will ever learn.
I hope this is what you learn in teacher training.
Regards,
A'isha

Excellent advice Aisha! Firelily, What I would add to Aisha's post is that being a teacher is an awesome responsiblity.As a teacher you will assume a position of authority so honesty and intergrity is a must. Everyone learns at their own pace and have differnt styles of learning too. I find these ingredients far more important than the moves that will be taught. Have Fun!
Yasmine