Sleeves?

Erik

Now, getting back to sleeves (ahem), I have used the term "throwing down a sparkly gauntlet" to describe challenging issues in the dance.

I like that, Anala. I'm a commoner, so when I have to challenge another man I bow up at him and flex to make myself look as big as possible. I give him my best Dragon Ball Z face, and say something like, "You think you're bad, punk? You want some of this? Come on!" <sigh> It works every time. Men are so stupid. They either start apologizing or make idle threats to save face. Either way I have no fear, as I would certainly be victorious if any such contest were to move beyond the hypothetical. And there are certainly guys out there who can defeat me, but they know it and have no need to play such ridiculous games, so I am safe.

Throwing down a sparkly gauntlet is so much more.....civilized.

seona

Throwing down a sparkly gauntlet! That's too funny anala!

I dont follow b/dance fashion, but I've noted lately dancers with arm bands with material flowing from the arm band. They seem quite popular, they are everywhere! (I'd post an example if I could lol)

Greek Bonfire

Throwing down a sparkly gauntlet! That's too funny anala!

I dont follow b/dance fashion, but I've noted lately dancers with arm bands with material flowing from the arm band. They seem quite popular, they are everywhere! (I'd post an example if I could lol)

I love those - they are very feminine. But not good with props, although somewhat possible, and also okay with zills.

Amulya

Just curious -- why?

Oriental or Eastern is the accepted translation of sharqi. Why does it bug you?

In some places it might be a confusing term, I don't think I have seen it often used in Australia, people might think it's a dance from the far east.