Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from West Virginia!

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. I have been obsessed with Egyptian culture since I learned to read and well, belly dance fascinated me. I am pursuing the dance to the best of my abilities but hunger for more and more. I want to learn belly dance as Egyptians feel it, the dance being born from their heritage and history, not as we Americans do. I've always felt as though I didn't belong here and at the ripe age of 22, I feel its time I started living for me. I'm putting all my spare change into travelling to Egypt to study and I don't care if it takes me forever to get there! LOL When I dance I feel as though my soul is poured out and painted on a canvas through my movements. When I dance I feel that is the only time anyone knows the real me. Belly dance means so much to me and I have only begun to tap into what is has to offer. I guess that is why I love classic Egyptian style so much; the women who perfect it have a deeper connection with the music and are able to invite the audience to partake in the emotional journey. Belly dance is not just a bunch of movements that look hot, its the soul of womanhood and her struggles for the world to see.

But anyways, it is nice to meet all of you! I have been reading TONS of old posts for the past few weeks and completely forgot to formally introduce myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    Same, I was obsessed with Egypt from being a child, I love the music and history, which then led me to Belly dance!

Post Thanks / Like

You've come to the right place to feed your passion and obsession Just keep following that dream.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Glad to be a part of such a beautiful community

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! How are you? Always glad to have a few people from my home state interested in Bellydance!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey welcome =], I love the richness of the Egyptian culture it's so colourful and exciting.