Hi from West Virginia!

Nailah_Siti

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. I have been obsessed with Egyptian culture since I learned to read and well, belly dance fascinated me. I am pursuing the dance to the best of my abilities but hunger for more and more. I want to learn belly dance as Egyptians feel it, the dance being born from their heritage and history, not as we Americans do. I've always felt as though I didn't belong here and at the ripe age of 22, I feel its time I started living for me. I'm putting all my spare change into travelling to Egypt to study and I don't care if it takes me forever to get there! LOL When I dance I feel as though my soul is poured out and painted on a canvas through my movements. When I dance I feel that is the only time anyone knows the real me. Belly dance means so much to me and I have only begun to tap into what is has to offer. I guess that is why I love classic Egyptian style so much; the women who perfect it have a deeper connection with the music and are able to invite the audience to partake in the emotional journey. Belly dance is not just a bunch of movements that look hot, its the soul of womanhood and her struggles for the world to see.

But anyways, it is nice to meet all of you! I have been reading TONS of old posts for the past few weeks and completely forgot to formally introduce myself!

seona

Welcome!
Same, I was obsessed with Egypt from being a child, I love the music and history, which then led me to Belly dance! :dance:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You've come to the right place to feed your passion and obsession:D Just keep following that dream.
~Mosaic

Elfie

Hello! How are you? Always glad to have a few people from my home state interested in Bellydance!

Cyriine

Hey welcome =], I love the richness of the Egyptian culture it's so colourful and exciting.