I have a scar on my belly, what should I do?

Munniko

Honey, I seen it all and I've seen a whole lot worse. Okay, here's an idea, you could make a strip of fabric that matches your skirt. Cut it a little wider than the scar and on the same angle, wider at the bottom and narrower at the top where it attaches into the bottom of your bra.

I knew a beautiful dancer in Seattle who not only had a tummy, but a very bad scar. She knew how to costume for her body like no one I've ever known. She made a body stocking out of glistennet that was a similar color to her skin tone. You couldn't tell on stage at all. That's also another option you could explore.

Awww thank you for the confidence boost:D I some days need all the boost I can get living in Korea where one of my Korean co-workers legs is the size of my forearm. I definitely like your idea of the strip of fabric because it could be made elaborate to just spruce up a costume.

Tarik Sultan

Awww thank you for the confidence boost:D I some days need all the boost I can get living in Korea where one of my Korean co-workers legs is the size of my forearm. I definitely like your idea of the strip of fabric because it could be made elaborate to just spruce up a costume.

Exactly. Many of the modern costume designs have these fabric accents.

Amulya

I join this thread as I have a brand new belly scar. I have 3 but 2 of those are already fading and will not stick out of my costume so they don't count. The bigger one is underneath my navel and is currently a second navel.... That's good for a belly dancer isn't it? :p
My surgeon said it probably won't go away, so in the meantime while I am waiting to see if it goes away (I will get it removed if it isn't gone in half a year) I wonder how do I glue stones over it without them falling off? The scar is 'dimpling' as it is called, so it is a line that goes in, it's not that long, I don't think it reaches even an inch. I think drop shaped stones would look nice.

Any links to stones I can buy online? They need to have flatted backs of course. I am looking for olive green ones and rust coloured ones to match the costume I'm going to use for my next gig.

Ariadne

If you have anymore of the lavender fabric you could attach an accent from your right hip to left side.