Thread: New from the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Default New from the UK

Hi All!

Been meaning to sign up here for a while but somehow never got around to it.

I'm Lilith, I've been belly dancing for about four years, and I've just started performing solo.

I dance (and costume and choreograph and spend a lot of time drinking tea) with a troupe known as Women of Mass Distraction, who perform rock fusion (and goth, and metal, and a spot of punk).

I like the fusion side of life but I also have a deep and abiding love for middle eastern dance. I'm lucky to be studying with a teacher who excels in cabaret and fusion styles, and I try and balance both sides of my dance development.

And i like hanging out on forums when I shoudl be tidying my craft room.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Lilith! Glad you got round to joining, its always great to have new dancers =]
    That is certainly a great mix for fusion, I would love to see performances by your troupe. Metal and punk fusion is very rare, or so I have come to realise =] But glad to hear your also practicing doing both sides, and drinking tea! Tea should always be drunk

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here! I also LOVE drinking tea! ^_^ I have a pot of Jasmine right next to me now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, LilithNoor, what a cool username! I also love the name of your troupe! xD We hope you enjoy being here; this forum can be very addicting! Looking forward to seeing some vids of your performances. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the welcome folks!

We don't have much video footage- we're all intermediate dancers and as a fat chick I am disinclined to hear what youtube commenters may have to say about my size or my shimmy!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a size 8/6 and I don't wanna hear either, lol. We can dance though just to be happy ^_^