16 year old girl Belly Dancing

Imeera

I will leave most of the feedback of this dancer to the more experienced dancers. But what hits me most are two things; 1) The arms in the beginning (and in general) are too ridged, more flowing, loose and soft would have been better and 2) this dancer isn't dancing on time, ie she does her accents (right terminology right?) after/before the dum instead of on it. I don't know if its just the video but everything seemed off, or if it is her being too early/late sometimes. Like she isn't following the music properly and putting accents where they shouldn't be sometimes too.

I think her technique is right, I am a beginner so I can't really tell, still working on correct techniques myself! But how she does the moves (exept the arms) looks perfectly fine to me. Also there seems to be a lack of advanced movment, just hip drops, circle and bumps, undulations, shimmy, back bend (a slight one) and chest isolations (I think I got them all), which is fine! But as a performance I would have like to see more variety and layers, just more practice and study is needed really but thats not really a bad thing, it just needs time to build her dance vocabulary.

The only real bad thing is she doesn't seem to be understanding what the music is doing, or what should be done with the music, so not following it correctly. Though she is only 16 ,she has loads of time to learn the language in Arabic music. Some bits were really amazing, like the little shimmy at the end and the twirling, beautiful! She have a lovely stage presence and energy, even with the bad points I still really enjoyed it. She seems to have loads of potential, with a little more practice and learning, to become a very very lovely dancer!

Also, what song was that do you know? Its awesome!!

niksic

I will leave most of the feedback of this dancer to the more experienced dancers. But what hits me most are two things; 1) The arms in the beginning (and in general) are too ridged, more flowing, loose and soft would have been better and 2) this dancer isn't dancing on time, ie she does her accents (right terminology right?) after/before the dum instead of on it. I don't know if its just the video but everything seemed off, or if it is her being too early/late sometimes. Like she isn't following the music properly and putting accents where they shouldn't be sometimes too.

I think her technique is right, I am a beginner so I can't really tell, still working on correct techniques myself! But how she does the moves (exept the arms) looks perfectly fine to me. Also there seems to be a lack of advanced movment, just hip drops, circle and bumps, undulations, shimmy, back bend (a slight one) and chest isolations (I think I got them all), which is fine! But as a performance I would have like to see more variety and layers, just more practice and study is needed really but thats not really a bad thing, it just needs time to build her dance vocabulary.

The only real bad thing is she doesn't seem to be understanding what the music is doing, or what should be done with the music, so not following it correctly. Though she is only 16 ,she has loads of time to learn the language in Arabic music. Some bits were really amazing, like the little shimmy at the end and the twirling, beautiful! She have a lovely stage presence and energy, even with the bad points I still really enjoyed it. She seems to have loads of potential, with a little more practice and learning, to become a very very lovely dancer!

Also, what song was that do you know? Its awesome!!

Thank you for your answer... And yes - she's dancing on time but the video is very bad, and looks like that she doesn't follow the music but she does, really... ;)
Once more - thank you for your answer

P.S. This is my sister dancing, and I made that music for her (I'm a DJ, and I mixed a few songs)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
How long has she been dancing? She isn't too bad, lovely smile and her posture is strong & layering very nice, arms need work so there is more flow with the rest of her:D She is young and I'm sure will improve with time as we all do. Great music by the way. Good for her getting out there & dancing - well done!
Thanks for posting
~Mosaic

Last edited:

niksic

How long has she been dancing? She isn't too bad, lovely smile and her posture is strong & layering very nice, arms need work so there is more flow with the rest of her:D She is young and I'm sure will improve with time as we all do. Great music by the way. Good for her getting out there & dancing - well done!
Thanks for posting
~Mosaic

She is dancing for 2 and a half years... In the begining she started by looking some other belly dancers, and after some period she started with practises.. . And most of moves she learned by herself...

Thanks, if you want that music just say and I will post it ;)

Last edited:

Imeera

Thank you for your answer... And yes - she's dancing on time but the video is very bad, and looks like that she doesn't follow the music but she does, really... ;)
Once more - thank you for your answer

P.S. This is my sister dancing, and I made that music for her (I'm a DJ, and I mixed a few songs)

Then wow, that video really doesn't do her justice! So ignore what I said about the music timing and everything. She is really good, does need a little improvement of course but we all do! Wow, you made the music? Its great! Flows really well, which songs did you use to make it?