Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Samia Gamal for me, so graceful and elegant.

And of modern dancers, definitely Tempest. I love her style and sense of theatre.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww thank you Belly Love I am flattered, humbled and honoured

My fav: the beautiful, fluid, talented Natalia Fadda. Also a HUGE fan of Daria Mitskevich, Kahina, Saida, Fifi Abdo.

I've also been very inspired by a dancer local to the area I went to University named Khizmet.
    She was the first dancer I got to see in person that was just so easy and fluid. And I love her facial expressions. It's like it's dancing with her

She is also just a great person to be around and hilarious!
    Last edited by MissVega; 04-03-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cassandra Fox...no....never heard of her...just kidding. I very much enjoy her dancing as well.

I keep changing, but I really like Sadie and Kaya the most..and Neon.

Post Thanks / Like

Of past dancers, Samia Gamal. No question about it. She was the Sophia Loren of Egyptian bellydance. Love that smile. [Tahia Carioca was the Gina Lollobrigida of Egyptian bellydance, running a close second.]

Of present dancers.....I don't know. Last year I accidentally found a belly dancer on YouTube whom I was highly impressed with. She had several videos there and an Israeli-sounding name, about 25-35 years old, and she was also on Facebook. Any help in finding her again would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    dancer on YouTube whom I was highly impressed with. She had several videos there and an Israeli-sounding name, about 25-35 years old, and she was also on Facebook. Any help in finding her again would be appreciated.
    Maybe Orit Mafstir?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yame View Post
    Maybe Orit Mafstir?
    No, Yame, that isn't the one I remember, but thank you for telling me about Orit Mafstir. She's great. I believe I like her even better! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by gisela; 04-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if I misspell her last name...I'm sure everybody but me already knows about her, but I just watched a clip of Lotus Niraja and just loved everything about her and her dancing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    No, Yame, that isn't the one I remember, but thank you for telling me about Orit Mafstir. She's great. I believe I like her even better! Thanks!
    Meital Sassi?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxegon View Post
    Meital Sassi?
    I just watched Meital Sassi dancing at an Iraqi hafla. Not her either, unfortunately, but thanks very much for telling me about her.

Funny though....a few hours ago I remembered that the dancer I remember had the word "Iraqi" in one of her videos. I never thought of Iraq as a bellydance-friendly country, but maybe I was wrong. I typed in Iraqi + belly dance and got many more hits than I would have expected. [Meital Sassi's video was there, so I watched it.]

I also remember that one of her videos was a Pharaonic dance, and I watched it despite the fact that I'm not a great fan of Pharaonic dance.

EDIT --- Found her, accidentally again. I went back to watch Meital Sassi and she was in related videos. Her name is Gal Shimron, and if she is mediocre please remember that I don't really know what to look for, so perhaps I was simply wowed by the production quality of her videos.
    Last edited by Erik; 04-05-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast