Who's your favourite bellydancer?

Yame

I've posted in a topic like this before, but I don't mind repeating myself ;)

Here are my favorites, in no specific order:

Aida Bogomolova, Tito Seif, Fifi Abdu, Soheir Zaki, Randa Kamel, Nesrin Topkapi, Ju Marconato, Kahina, Nur, Lulu Sabongi, Soraia Zaied, Saida, Shahdana, Ranya Renee, Ava Flemming, Daria Mitskevich, Gia al Qamar, Bozenka, Nour, and my teacher, Tashira.

I am sure I've left a few out...

RayaDancer

Yame, my list is almost exactly like yours!
I love Randa Kamel! She is one of my favorite dancers! i also think i have a little belly dancer girl crush on her! i just love her! i hope to see her perform one day in person!
I also love soheir zaki, for her sweet face while she dances. i love fifi abdo and her sassiness. I love ava fleming and her elegant style. I've seen clips of a dancer named Aida Nour on youtube and i like her styling. I also enjoy the dancing of Sandra, i think she's from San Francisco.
And finally, i do love Ranya Renee as well, not only for her dance style, but as a phenominal teacher. I've been fortunate to have studied with her a number of times and after every session, ive walked away with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the dance.

Yame

Yame, my list is almost exactly like yours!
I love Randa Kamel! She is one of my favorite dancers! i also think i have a little belly dancer girl crush on her! i just love her! i hope to see her perform one day in person!
I also love soheir zaki, for her sweet face while she dances. i love fifi abdo and her sassiness. I love ava fleming and her elegant style. I've seen clips of a dancer named Aida Nour on youtube and i like her styling. I also enjoy the dancing of Sandra, i think she's from San Francisco.
And finally, i do love Ranya Renee as well, not only for her dance style, but as a phenominal teacher. I've been fortunate to have studied with her a number of times and after every session, ive walked away with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the dance.

Wrong Aida, but Aida Nour is a great dancer, too.
I agree about Ranya Renee being a great teacher. I have her Baladi DVD and it's one of the best-explained DVDs out there. I also had the pleasure to take a private class with her last year, and it was wonderful. I hear great things about her workshops!

RayaDancer

Shame on me, i left out the men! I love watching clips of Tito performing, he's a great showman. I like watching Tarik Sultan too, i hope to study with him one day too.:)

RayaDancer

Wrong Aida, but Aida Nour is a great dancer, too.
I agree about Ranya Renee being a great teacher. I have her Baladi DVD and it's one of the best-explained DVDs out there. I also had the pleasure to take a private class with her last year, and it was wonderful. I hear great things about her workshops!

yeah, i've done some privates with her too, and last month, i attended a one day intensive for theatrical bellydance, and i took Ranya's workshop. it was great! i think one of the great things about her is she's got amazing stage presence! she really knows how to..... i dont know how to explain it other than she acts while she dances. she can translate the music not only through her movements but through her face too, and just her whole energy. That's what the workshop was about, energy projection. it was so insightful and really fun! she's got a great sense of humor.
take one of her workshops if you can; it is definitely is worth it!!

Sherezade

I've posted in a topic like this before, but I don't mind repeating myself ;)

Sorry, it's because I'm new in the forum and haven't yet checked all threads.

Thank you all for participating. My objective with this thread is also to find out names of dancers, as I'm still giving my first steps in this beautiful art. :)

Yame

Sorry, it's because I'm new in the forum and haven't yet checked all threads.

Thank you all for participating. My objective with this thread is also to find out names of dancers, as I'm still giving my first steps in this beautiful art. :)

That's okay! I don't mind a topic like this from time to time, it makes me re-analyze my own preferences.

Good luck with your search. Take a look at the Videos section of this forum, people often post videos of themselves or their favorite dancers so this is a great way to discover new dancers and find inspiration!

Sherezade

That's okay! I don't mind a topic like this from time to time, it makes me re-analyze my own preferences.

Good luck with your search. Take a look at the Videos section of this forum, people often post videos of themselves or their favorite dancers so this is a great way to discover new dancers and find inspiration!

Thanks. I've already seen some. Hard to choose favourites. ;)

LadyLoba

Out of people who are strictly belly dancers...my favorites are Sadie and Kaya, and out of those two I prefer Sadie because I think her facial expressions are more natural.

BellaBohemian

My top fave has to be Didem Kinali. Im more geared towards Turkish BD and I just think that her technique is amazing!

My favourite Didem performance!

Sherena, Rachel Brice, and Ariellah are pretty high up there for me too. Im sure there's more that Im just not thinking of off the top of my head. :think:

Jane

Soheir Zaki, Fifi Abdo, and Dina for Raqs Sharqi
Tulay Karaka for Turkish Oriental
Didem and Reyhan for Turkish Rom
Aisha Azar, Ranya Renee, and Shareen el Safy for American Sharqi dancers

LadyFatima

I've answered this question before on here too, but I also don't mind repeating myself either. . .:lol:

As far as female belly dancers go, my ABSOLUTE favorite right now would be the legendary Suheir Zaki:D

I love everything about this woman: her flowing moves, her feminine looks and style, her curvy figure (we have the same body type:cool:) her adorable smile and her playful/coy expressions while she dances. I've never seen another belly dancer, past or present, dance like her before.

She's absolutely stunning!

This is my favorite clip of her dancing. . .just excellent ^_^
YouTube - Suheir Zaki ??????? ???? ???

I'm still checking out the male belly dancers so I don't think I've seen enough of them to make an official decision on who is my favorite, but in any case, I really admire this guy named 'Jamil'.

He proves that belly dancing can look masculine on men just as it makes women look feminine.

He's amazing!
YouTube - Jamil Male Belly dancer

Shakti

My all time favorite is Ansuya!

I have a couple of new favorites l8tly Eva Sampedro of Spain, Yasmilah of Ohio. stumbled across them on youtube..amazing!And Maharasha a male bellydancer from las vegas!

Belly Love

This Russian girl Irena, Anaisis, Rachel Brice & Cassandra Fox (I don't know if you ladies ever heard of her? ;)).

Irena

Anaisis

Rachel Brice

Cassandra Fox

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Nour, nour, nour! She has a megancé where her husband sings Nour nour nour, when she enters the stage. Sometimes I catch myself going around singing this :lol:

then further down comes
Fifi Abdou, Dina, Randa, Camelia, Liza Laziza, Suheir Zaki, Tahia, Samia, Jillina, Tito and Asmahan for always putting on one h*** of a show.

Then there are a few not as famous that are fabulous:
Jamilah from Poland
Kathreen from Czech republic
Shems (the project bellydance-shems)
There are probably many many more. This could go onforever ;)

Sirène

I'm still in "discovery" mode so this list is subject to growth and reorganization ;)

Samia Gamal:

She was simply lovely. I'm hunting down Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves on DVD, if anyone knows where to get it, please PM me.

Irina Akulenko:

Found her while looking for workout dvds. I love her grace and musicality.

Adalat:
Shimmy Workouts: Adalat : Video : Discovery Health

Yes, she of Shimmy fame. I think she has great musical expression, and always wears a smile. I wish I could find some actual performance videos, but googling "Adalat" produces mostly links to some type of pharmaceutical :(

Last edited:

Meera

Shes not well known but I love Marina from Rania's bellydance workout videos. and of course I love Didem and Souhair Zaki. And omg that Anaisis
video was awesome!