Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's your favourite bellydancer?

I like Blanca from World Dance New York.

YouTube - :: Blanca :: from SENSUAL BELLYDANCE DVD:: WorldDanceNewYork.com :: DVDs Shipped Worldwide!

Her moves are so smooth and graceful that when I first watched Luscious, I had no trouble in deciding which of them I liked the most. Neon(also from WDNY) is also nice, maybe I little bit more intense.

YouTube - Neon - belly dance - WorldDanceNewYork.com - bellydance

What about you?

Post Thanks / Like

This topic has seen many posts, but I'm always up for more

Here are 2 of my Favorites

YouTube - Marina bellydance

YouTube - Zoe Jakes - Tribal Fusion Belly Dance

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted in a topic like this before, but I don't mind repeating myself

Here are my favorites, in no specific order:

Aida Bogomolova, Tito Seif, Fifi Abdu, Soheir Zaki, Randa Kamel, Nesrin Topkapi, Ju Marconato, Kahina, Nur, Lulu Sabongi, Soraia Zaied, Saida, Shahdana, Ranya Renee, Ava Flemming, Daria Mitskevich, Gia al Qamar, Bozenka, Nour, and my teacher, Tashira.

I am sure I've left a few out...

Post Thanks / Like

Yame, my list is almost exactly like yours!
    I love Randa Kamel! She is one of my favorite dancers! i also think i have a little belly dancer girl crush on her! i just love her! i hope to see her perform one day in person!
    I also love soheir zaki, for her sweet face while she dances. i love fifi abdo and her sassiness. I love ava fleming and her elegant style. I've seen clips of a dancer named Aida Nour on youtube and i like her styling. I also enjoy the dancing of Sandra, i think she's from San Francisco.
    And finally, i do love Ranya Renee as well, not only for her dance style, but as a phenominal teacher. I've been fortunate to have studied with her a number of times and after every session, ive walked away with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the dance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RayaDancer View Post
    Yame, my list is almost exactly like yours!
    I love Randa Kamel! She is one of my favorite dancers! i also think i have a little belly dancer girl crush on her! i just love her! i hope to see her perform one day in person!
    I also love soheir zaki, for her sweet face while she dances. i love fifi abdo and her sassiness. I love ava fleming and her elegant style. I've seen clips of a dancer named Aida Nour on youtube and i like her styling. I also enjoy the dancing of Sandra, i think she's from San Francisco.
    And finally, i do love Ranya Renee as well, not only for her dance style, but as a phenominal teacher. I've been fortunate to have studied with her a number of times and after every session, ive walked away with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the dance.
    Wrong Aida, but Aida Nour is a great dancer, too.
    I agree about Ranya Renee being a great teacher. I have her Baladi DVD and it's one of the best-explained DVDs out there. I also had the pleasure to take a private class with her last year, and it was wonderful. I hear great things about her workshops!

Post Thanks / Like

Shame on me, i left out the men! I love watching clips of Tito performing, he's a great showman. I like watching Tarik Sultan too, i hope to study with him one day too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yame View Post
    Wrong Aida, but Aida Nour is a great dancer, too.
    I agree about Ranya Renee being a great teacher. I have her Baladi DVD and it's one of the best-explained DVDs out there. I also had the pleasure to take a private class with her last year, and it was wonderful. I hear great things about her workshops!
    yeah, i've done some privates with her too, and last month, i attended a one day intensive for theatrical bellydance, and i took Ranya's workshop. it was great! i think one of the great things about her is she's got amazing stage presence! she really knows how to..... i dont know how to explain it other than she acts while she dances. she can translate the music not only through her movements but through her face too, and just her whole energy. That's what the workshop was about, energy projection. it was so insightful and really fun! she's got a great sense of humor.
    take one of her workshops if you can; it is definitely is worth it!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted in a topic like this before, but I don't mind repeating myself
    Sorry, it's because I'm new in the forum and haven't yet checked all threads.

Thank you all for participating. My objective with this thread is also to find out names of dancers, as I'm still giving my first steps in this beautiful art.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherezade View Post
    Sorry, it's because I'm new in the forum and haven't yet checked all threads.

Thank you all for participating. My objective with this thread is also to find out names of dancers, as I'm still giving my first steps in this beautiful art.
    That's okay! I don't mind a topic like this from time to time, it makes me re-analyze my own preferences.

Good luck with your search. Take a look at the Videos section of this forum, people often post videos of themselves or their favorite dancers so this is a great way to discover new dancers and find inspiration!

Post Thanks / Like

That's okay! I don't mind a topic like this from time to time, it makes me re-analyze my own preferences.

Good luck with your search. Take a look at the Videos section of this forum, people often post videos of themselves or their favorite dancers so this is a great way to discover new dancers and find inspiration!
    Thanks. I've already seen some. Hard to choose favourites.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast