Greetings from London...

Sashna

Hi all,

I have been meaning to join a bellydance forum for sometime now, so finally achieved that now!

Bellydancing is amazing and I have the passion to learn many movements as I can and have learnt a lot thru watching youtube videos. However, I have been bellydancing, practising in my spare time for about 6-9 months now and also attend weekly classes term time, which allows me to learn the right techniques and also to meet other bellydancers.

I am looking to start making my very own costume in then near future, which I am really excited about.

I listen to alot of Arabic/turkish and egypitan music, darbuka, drums etc..so its nice and I am also learning to speak and understand Arabic.

I have yet to see a live bellydancer, which is next on the agenda.

Hope to share and interact with you all now and again.

Sashna

Imeera

Welcome to the forum Sashna! Great to see another member as passionate about belly dance and Middle Eastern culture as we are! Good luck with learning Arabic, it is not the easiest language to learn :lol:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Good luck on your dance journey, with dedication and passion I'm sure you will achieve what you set out to achieve:D
Enjoy the journey
~Mosaic

Sashna

Welcome to the forum Sashna! Great to see another member as passionate about belly dance and Middle Eastern culture as we are! Good luck with learning Arabic, it is not the easiest language to learn :lol:

Yeah it seems like a tough langauge to learn, esp when there is different dialects and the morden Arabic. But actually I work in an environment with Arabic people, so hopefully that aid me to understand and learn better.

jenc

You have no excuse not to see a live bellydancer in London. There are several monthly haflas. Check out Planet Egypt and my personal favourite Saqarah. I've been 3 or 4 times and I don't even live in London.

PS I went on my own and they were very friendly. Eshta who is in Egypt at the moment I believe is a Forum poster, and I introduced myself at the door