How to stream video???

Belly Love

Copy the embed code from the video on Youtube and post it.

Example:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/repqI33YdQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Erase everything and only keep the part of the codes that's in the bold. You will have this left over: repqI33YdQg

3. Add [ youtube ] in front of the code and [ /youtube ] at the end of the code. It will look like this (minus the spaces- there should be no spaces in the entire code): [ youtube]repqI3YdQg[ /youtube]

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Yep, you got it, that is how you embed a video. The same thing is explained in this thread in the video clips section. It is suitably called "please read before posting", but it seems sadly, that few people do;):

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/video-clips-internet/1123-please-read-before-posting.html

Btw, embedding only works with youtube videos, not clips from vimeo or other video sites. It could be a very good idea to get this info added to the FAQs. I'll give Salome a heads up.

Belly Love

Yep, you got it, that is how you embed a video. The same thing is explained in this thread in the video clips section. It is suitably called "please read before posting", but it seems sadly, that few people do;):

I suppose that's because almost every forum has those, "read before posting" threads. They are usually a list of rules, etc. that, even if someone does read, when they need the info 6 months later they are not going to remember it. After awhile you get in the habit of completely ignoring those threads because they aren't actual discussion threads.

I searched under FAQs & posting comments 'cause I figured the directions would be there.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Nope. Actually the thread is stickied at the top so it is always first thread and thus easy to find. The 'please read before posting' thread in the youtube section explicitly explains how to post videos there at the first thread so one does not need to read through to find information.

I've gone and changed the title so it won't maybe confuse people.

Belly Love

I know it's always at the top. Even though they are there, the eyes often times glaze right past them over time out of habit.