Hi Im Meera

Meera

Hello Everyone Im Meera orginally from India now living in philadelphia as a student. I'm trained in two Indian dance forms one is bharatanatyam and Khatak. I just recently started Bellydance and I really liked it. :) I like Turkish style & Egyptian style bellydance. I think this forum is awesome :D

LilithNoor

Hi Meera, welcome to the forum!

Classical Indian dancing is so beautiful to watch- you must have worked hard to be proficient in two forms!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum Meera, lovely to have you join us here. Look forward to seeing you around the forum:D
~Mosaic

Meera

Hi Meera, welcome to the forum!

Classical Indian dancing is so beautiful to watch- you must have worked hard to be proficient in two forms!

Yes I have been doing since I was very very young :p

And thank you everyone for the welcome :) Its nice to meet you all.

Greek Bonfire

Hello Meera! Have you ever produced any videos? You look like a dancer I've seen before who is a professional Indian dancer.

Sashna

Hello Everyone Im Meera orginally from India now living in philadelphia as a student. I'm trained in two Indian dance forms one is bharatanatyam and Khatak. I just recently started Bellydance and I really liked it. :) I like Turkish style & Egyptian style bellydance. I think this forum is awesome :D

Welcome Meera.

Belly Love

Hi Meera, bear with me as I do not know much about the Indian culture ;) I love the costuming of the woman in the video. Is this styling called anything in particular? Does any of it mean anything? I just think it's so rich and beautiful!

No. Lol The girl in the picture is Rani Mukerji. She is a very famous actress in India. :)

This is her dancing Mujra:
YouTube - Main vari vari

And thanks sashna! :)