Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish style

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turkish style

I guess this is the place to post this....:o

I have a question: who has seen Artemis' new video through IAMED? I know she is well respected here in the US.... if you've seen it, what do you think? I would like to learn Turkish (authentic Turkish really) but I don't know of any teachers in my area who teach it....

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. I haven't seen the video yet, but we don't have any Turkish style dancers in my area either. Frustrating. Artemis is wonderful though. I'm anxious to read some reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Artemis is a treasure.
    The people that live near her are very lucky!!!
    I live in Greece just a hop to Turkey and even thinking to go to States to have lessons with Artemis !!!

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone knows of any reviews posted, even if you yourself have not seen the video, please let me know. Maria, I have always heard that she is amazing and probably the best (or one of- no offense to anybody!) Turkish style dancer in the US. (Maybe I should consider a road trip!) I think her video is probably excellent but I want to be sure before I buy it.... you know how it is, sometimes the teacher might be great but it doesn't always come across in the video due to editing, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

I found this review from a member of Tribe. Hope this helps:

http://people.tribe.net/65a1ddcb-8f1...4-f2f2a279a6c2

Post Thanks / Like

Artemis for sure is one of the best (or THE best) Turkish style instructors in the World and I am also looking forward on her DVD (I love also her "Artemis dances" videos) - but how about Sema Yildiz? Does anyone have experience studying with her? She is coming here to Singapore in August and now I am struggling whether to choose her workshops or workshops by some Egyptian masters also heading this way...

(BTW I changed my user name from old forum as not to confuse me with the Afsana magazine I am editing)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Aeesha, that is helpful. I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and fork out the cash for this DVD. It sounds like it will be a good introduction to Turkish style.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it today. I *despise* waiting for something to ship. So impatient, but I think this is going to be worth the wait. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling... I get so impatient, like a kid really. I haven't bought it yet because I am waiting for payday but if you get it before I do, please let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hijak the thread, but it does relate to Turkish dance. If you are looking for a performance dvd of dancers from Turkey, please read my post in "Other Dance" for a detailed description of my ongoing experiences with a vender of Turkish dvds on ebay. (The vender is based in the UK). The thread is titled "Warning About Grand Bazaar of Turkey on ebay.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast