Greetings from the ballroom world!

moppy

Hi everyone!

I am a ballroom dance instructor who began investigating belly dancing to help improve my isolation technique. I have since fallen in love with all that is belly dance and am working everyday on this new found love.

I work most evenings and weekends teaching, so I don't have much time to attend classes at the moment. I have just bought Lavish Layers with Ansuya and Belly Dance Basics & Beyond with Jenna on DVD. I think I prefer Jenna's DVD so far - I like her teaching style and descriptions.

I am excited to be part of a dance culture so different to ballroom and hope to learn a lot from you all and share much with you.

Moppy :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Nice to have you aboard:D
I think Ansuya's Lavish Layers is an intermediate level, maybe you will get more out of it later as you master the basics. Quite a few dancers find their way from other dance forms to bellydance and like you fall in love with it. Enjoy the journey.
~Mosaic

moppy

to the forum. Nice to have you aboard:D
I think Ansuya's Lavish Layers is an intermediate level, maybe you will get more out of it later as you master the basics. Quite a few dancers find their way from other dance forms to bellydance and like you fall in love with it. Enjoy the journey.
~Mosaic

Thanks for letting me know - maybe that's why it wasn't quite clicking. I'll put it away for another day!

Glad to be here! I've been lurking for a while :D

goddessyasaman

Hello and welcome, thats so cool, I always wanted to learn ballroom dance, I have been belly dance for 14 years and I do native american dance and hip hop but I have always wanted to dance Ballroom, I'm thinking of trying one day soon:D , Glade to have you join us here.