Hi from Fancy Gap and Happy 2007

iarasamra

Hi,

I am Samra from Fancy Gap, Virginia and a native of Brazil.
I live in a national park and it is the end of the world in regard to acceptance of anything not native of these mountains. The people are very nice, but a foreigner is a foreigner :(

I have studied, taught, and performed ME dances around the world and once in a while I teach a local class here for exercise until the pressures from family, religion, unemployment, and even political parties cause some students who are getting ready to perform to seek other "hobbies" or take hiatus. And the cycle goes on. The people are quite friendly, but Middle Eastern, or other international dances for that matter, will not catch on and be popular for this generation.

But I love Middle Eastern and dances from all other cultures and when I travel it is usually to share what I know and to learn from others. I think that Middle Eastern dances particularly unite women and men around the world in a beautiful way.

I love to meet dancers and make new friends in my travels, so please, introduce yourself if we cross paths.

May 2007 make your dreams become reality.

Samra (Iara)

Katayoun

Hi Samra - We met in Richmond several years ago at the Women of Selket Hadia show in Richmond. Good to hear from you. I'm uaually pretty quite on the forum but wanted to say hi!! Happy Holidays! Hope you are doing well!!

Katayoun

iarasamra

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks everyone for the welcome and greetings. Although I do meet dancers all around the world, it does get a little lonely here in Fancy Gap! No other dancers nor places to dance.

I hope to meet you personally in my travels or if you travel here or we meet at an event somewhere.

Katayoun, thanks for remembering me. I saw you briefly at the Suzanna del Vecchio show in the dressing room, but everyone was running around, then I didn't see you afterwards....Next time be sure to say HI and I will do the same. I will be there on May 19th. Not sure about the other mini-workshops since I will be traveling a lot this Spring, including the retreat in Bali:dance:

To all, joy, health and peace in the New Year.

IaraSamra