Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anala View Post
    May I refer you to the words of the founder of this forum? See Belly Dance Professional - Primer and the link that it takes you to.

Regards,

Anala
    Thanks for the link, Anala. Very sage words!

Post Thanks / Like

I considered myself "semi-pro" both as a performer when I was young and as a teacher now (translation: need other work to make ends meet). Gia is my hero here on OD- she is a complete and consummate pro who makes her entire living as a belly dancer.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Gia is my hero here on OD- she is a complete and consummate pro who makes her entire living as a belly dancer.
    And an awesome one at that!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you thinking of teaching as well? Maybe your teacher needs a substitute teacher every now and then. That can be a good way to see if you like it and how it goes. For performing, I think all previously said is great advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    Are you thinking of teaching as well? Maybe your teacher needs a substitute teacher every now and then. That can be a good way to see if you like it and how it goes. For performing, I think all previously said is great advice.
    That's a good question. I would love to, but it probably isn't going to happen soon. The instructor I've been with the longest asks another classmate (the one who's been there a few years longer than I have) to sub for her the few times she misses. I would feel a bit presumptuous to offer/ask to sub, though there's no reason I couldn't.

I just started another class w/a second teacher and am going through her beginner session since she's VERY technique oriented and since I'm new with her....
    Last edited by astro_girl; 04-11-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes asking your teacher is scary, but why not give it a try? It's a good way to find out what level she thinks you are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12