Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

To anyone who has the DVD, think a beginner might get anything out of it? Or is it strictly for intermediate/advanced dancers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sirčne View Post
    To anyone who has the DVD, think a beginner might get anything out of it? Or is it strictly for intermediate/advanced dancers?
    It depends on what your definition of beginner is.

I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who has never taken belly dance before at all and is looking for a DVD to start off learning her basic movements with. I think most of it is focused towards a dancer who already has a lot of the basics under her belt.

However, I think a lot of the information presented can start being absorbed at an early level. I'm thinking of a beginner who has had some classes and has already grasped a good amount of basic movement vocabulary. (I actually practiced the material I taught on the DVD with my beginning level class so they could give me feedback - it was a little too challenging for some of them, but others caught on to a lot of the material pretty well.)

Some of the material on the DVD, and I'm talking about all the sections here, you might not be able to do right away, but there will definitely be some movements, exercises and ideas that you can start to utilize right off the bat to complement wherever you are at with your dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by teela View Post
    Shems: You did a great job on the transitions. It is something I have needed to work on. I noticed that in a way all the individual instructions kind of fits together so overall one can improve their dance. Good job
    Yay thanks! Yes I thought the material everyone brought to the table, complemented each other's choices really nicely.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 04-18-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: merge

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. Sounds like something I'm probably not yet ready for, but I will keep it on my radar for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally ordered it... hope it arrives soon so I can start working on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    I could have sworn I pre-ordered this. Off to Amazon to check it out
    Its nice that you are doing something using sword. But be careful and use some wax over it to protect your self from any type of injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njsummercamp View Post
    Its nice that you are doing something using sword. But be careful and use some wax over it to protect your self from any type of injury.
    What? This post doesn't make sense!

Post Thanks / Like

You will never see me doing anything with a sword. It bores me - if I wanted to watch someone doing balancing act I would go to the circus

-(ducks)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12