What kind of belly dancer are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Tip

You are a Goddess Belly Dancer. You may also dabble in yoga and aura-reading. Your dance is an expression of the goddess within. Whether you dance to New Age, Celtic or Arabic music, there's sure to be a veil involved. You may share your dance with others, but it's something you do for yourself. Goddess bless you!

Dance like nobody's watching! :dance:

miriam

I'm a classic bellydancer! Now if only I could dance like some of the Cairo greats... *sigh* it's off to the studio for more practice I suppose!

Kiraze

My result in this quiz seems to change quite often depending to what I am concentrating on the moment - now when I have obsession for veil dance it was quite natural to get the result of Goddess Dancer:D

Only result I have never managed to get in this is classic - I even managed to get a result of a stripper once :lol:

Moon

Hahahah I had the same experience Kiraze (only I never got stripper! :shok:) So far I was a goddess dancer, a tribal dancer and a cabaret dancer, according to the test ;)

Chloe

You are a Goddess Belly Dancer. You may also dabble in yoga and aura-reading. Your dance is an expression of the goddess within. Whether you dance to New Age, Celtic or Arabic music, there's sure to be a veil involved. You may share your dance with others, but it's something you do for yourself. Goddess bless you!

Hehe, same here!

gisela

Super Moderator
When I ticked the answers that are true right now I got Cabaret Dancer. Choosing the alternatives I want to be tru in the future I became Classic belly dancer. I think it makes sense, I do adore Samia Gamal:)

Farasha Hanem

Unexpected results

I'm...tribal?!? :think: COOL! I kind of thought I'd get cabaret, but, hey! Rachel Brice is one of my favorite bellydancers. :clap::D

avani

You are a Cabaret Belly Dancer! You're what people think of when they hear the words "belly dancer" -- the beaded bra and belt, the nightclub routine, the doumbek and the zills. Equally at home in a restaurant or at a hafla, your routine is a crowd-pleaser no matter who's watching! Keep shimmying!

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

gilda1979

hello!!!

I got "You are a Cabaret Belly Dancer! You're what people think of when they hear the words "belly dancer" -- the beaded bra and belt, the nightclub routine, the doumbek and the zills. Equally at home in a restaurant or at a hafla, your routine is a crowd-pleaser no matter who's watching! Keep shimmying!" and I didn't expect this but I'm happy....

I love dance and It doesn't matter what kind of dancer I am!!!!!! but I like the answer ;)

Moon

Well, the test is fun but I wouldn't take the answer too seriously. I've done the test 3 times since I started dancing and I've had goddess, tribal and cabaret as an answer. Although I'm currently most interested in the more authentic styles. However, I haven't done extensive research yet, nor do I have recordings of authentic musicians which I've made myself, so...

Kharmine

I think the test just shows us where we are as dancers and what styles we lean toward at the moment -- not meant to be the deciding category for all time. Helpful in that it may give us some clues as to why we like some things and not others.

Reen.Blom

there were answers where I would have taken 2 choicer or others where none of that variants would fit... so test is a test after all....

Moon

Same here Reen... As I haven't done any extensive research on the subject yet, I answered I like to dance together with my troup mates (although I'm not in a troupe... but I like to dance together with my fellow students) so that's why it probably thought I'm a tribal dancer. And when I just started I preferen dancing alone for myself, so that must mean I'm a goddess.

Reen.Blom

Yeah you are right Moon. By looking at the questions you sort of can figure out what "style" the particular option targets...

Jumanah

Cabaret here, as well. Though when I selected 'my dream is to perform at the Cairo Hilton', I was really thinking that they needed an improvement on what I saw onstage there! However, that was 25 years ago... at the time, I was underwhelmed and a bit disappointed. It's probably much better now. The only dancing I've done in Egypt was on a cruise boat on the Nile at Aswan, on Christmas Eve. It was spontaneous and fun, and the musicians and the company were good. Unfortunately, the buffet was not -- I was deathly ill the next day. Ugh! Everything else I experienced in Egypt was wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.