What is the most dangerous belly dance style?

Shanazel

Hmm, obviously I am falling behind the times and that will never do. Perhaps I will try dancing with palms full of burning nitroglycerin while spinning a top a shredder filled with broken glass.

Nope. Trite. Cliche. Boring.

Still think the most dangerous belly dance is any dance done at a University of Wyoming rugby team party

Farasha Hanem

I'm not sure which bellydance style is the most dangerous; all I know is, DON'T let me dance around with a tray of lit candles on my head! :shok::shok::shok:

Farasha Hanem

You wouldn't just be your usual burning hot, Farasha, you'd be flaming hot as well.. ;)

Ha, ha, thanks, Daimona! :lol:

:D

But no kidding, I once dropped a tray of lit candles during a photo shoot. Oo;;;

Ropes? Someone belly dances with ropes? Please tell me you are not referring to Shakira and her sexy little thing with the jump rope.

Have to disagree about the most physically dangerous dance, Jane and Amulya. That has to be any dance done at Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis, SD during Bike Week. I suggest dancing not only with a sword but perhaps an M-16 as well.

Shakira has helped put belly dance on the map.

No, really, don't go there. Search the forums, Shakira as belly dancer has been done to death.

This whole thing is rude. I would appreciate a simple answer to my question. If you do not like Shakira, that is fine, but it is wrong to make people feel bad for their beliefs and opinions. I will not apologize for asking a simple question and having a simple opinion.

Kashmir

This whole thing is rude. I would appreciate a simple answer to my question. If you do not like Shakira, that is fine, but it is wrong to make people feel bad for their beliefs and opinions. I will not apologize for asking a simple question and having a simple opinion.
People were trying to avoid another pointless discussion. It isn't that people "don't like Shakira" - it is that people with years of study and experience of belly dance don't consider what she displays in public as "belly dance" (not to say she doesn't belly dance in the privacy of her own home - but her dancing in videos is not belly dance - for lots of reasons thrashed to death in other threads)

People were trying to avoid another pointless discussion. It isn't that people "don't like Shakira" - it is that people with years of study and experience of belly dance don't consider what she displays in public as "belly dance" (not to say she doesn't belly dance in the privacy of her own home - but her dancing in videos is not belly dance - for lots of reasons thrashed to death in other threads)

I do not have to tolerate being disrespected like this. People are being rude. You have the right to your opinions, but you guys do not have the right to treat me like I am not important because I am. I am going to speak to a moderator about this.:naghty:

PracticalDancer

I was trying to give you some advice, since you are new. If you want to see folks who really got "jumped on" and "disrespected," kindly search for the Shakira thread. I was trying to help you avoid that, and to keep the thread on topic.

Shanazel

Ismaila, the simple answer to your question is: please refer to the original Shakira thread. Everything that can be said on the subject has been said there.

Now let's get back to the dangers of dancing in heels with or without swords. :cool: