"Ruh Tum Bi Salama" Lyrics?

PracticalDancer

Hello,

I have googled my little heart out, and I can find lots of places where people have asked what the lyrics are (and what a translation of those lyrics are) for "Ruh Tum Bi Salama" by George Abdo; but, I can find NO answers. I know the title means "Go in Peace." And, I have heard the lyrics may say something like "give me all your money or go in peace."

Any one know for certain?

If I don't find out soon, my dance performance to it may come across as humor to those in the know!

thanks,

Anala

LeylaLanty

Just posted this on Bhuz in a similar thread:

It's kind of a sad song. My Egyptian friend couldn't translate word for word because the recording is not clear enough to hear every word and it's in Lebanese dialect. He told me what the chorus and the verses mean.

On the recording it's spelled "Ruh Tum Bi Salama" but a spelling that would be closer to the Arabic is "Ruhtum bi salaama".

First the chorus:
Ruhtum bi salaama, ya 3aini - You (plural, maybe the loved one and her family and/or friends) went in peace/safety, oh my eye!
Jaytum bi salaama, ya 3aini - You (plural) came back in peace/safety, oh my eye!
Ruhtum bi salaama ya 3aini - You (plural) went in peace/safety (again), oh my eye!

The verses talk about how the loved one and company did not return again and how much he wants to see her again and how he misses her, and so on.

Last edited:

PracticalDancer

Interesting! Thank you for the translation -- it sounds far less menacing than what I had originally been told!

thank you!

Anala

LeylaLanty

You're welcome, Anala. BTW, "give me all you money" in the Egyptian dialect would be something like "dinee filousak, kolo!"

Also, "go in peace (plural)" would be "Ruhkom bi salaama."

Last edited: