Post Thanks / Like

Default A new user - natesfeliz:)

Hello everyone! I have been looking through the forum for a couple of days and I must say that I love it, everyone is so nice and sweet, I am happy that I found this forum. Hopefully I will get to know you all!
    Here is a little about myself:
    I am 20 years old (turned this year) and I have been dancing belly dance for less than a year. Ever since I was a kid, I have danced very very very many dance styles and I always loved dancing. I used to prefer latin dances though to others. Until I tried belly dance.. I fell in love with it!!!! Nothing better! I love that it is so emotional, so full of meaning, so sensual and so expressive.
    I have stopped going to the club now and dance some times at home on my free time. The reason why I have stopped is because I live in Sweden and very soon I am going to move to London for my university studies. I have been looking slowly through clubs there near my university. I have not decided what style I want to dance yet - When I lived in Estonia I danced Egyptian style, in Sweden I danced Lebanese. I did not like Egyptian as much - but its better than nothing!
    Also, as you might have understood that besides Sweden I have also lived in Estonia. I am a Russian girl that was born and raised in Estonia until the age of 17 when I moved to Sweden... and now I am moving once again.
    Back to dance... So currently I am slowly training at home, and I cant wait until I will get to London and will continue my training there. I just love belly dancing. I fell in love with it and I hopefully will learn a lot. I am eager to learn it as much as I can.

As long as we are at it, girls what kind of style would you recommend me?

Thank you for reading and accepting me to your forum!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Glad you found us. There are a few UK members, so once you are settled they may be able to guide you to the closest/best teachers. As for best style - I love Egyptian so I am not much help to you I believe the style you wish to pursue is personal choice & the right instructor for you, so maybe you should try different styles when you get settled with different instructors and see what your heart tells you Enjoy the journey both dance and your move to a new country.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome its good to have you here. As for styles its all personal preference I started with Egyptian but transitioned over to mainly Tribal Fusion which I love (especially the costuming aspect), its more my style but I still take Egyptian too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello