Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is that true that Suzi Deniz is one of the best in the UK?

I looked at this video :
    YouTube - Suzi Deniz: Belly Dancer and thought that this cant be right... or is it???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand. Does she claim to be the best? I can't see that she does. Or do you know her from other places?

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am searching for trainers for belly dancing in London, I have came across several websites that "claim" that she is the best in the UK. (Not only teacher, but also dancer) But when I watched the video, then I highly doubted that...

Post Thanks / Like

Many people claim to be the best in all kinds of things. It is easy to write, doesn't mean it's true .
    What matters is if the style appeals to you and if you learn something. I would probably seek out the teachers whose dancing I find amazing. It is not a guarantee for good teaching though. Sometimes good teachers don't dance well either.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no such thing as "the best" dancer anywhere. "The best" is a matter of personal preference and although there are some things that are pretty objective, most of it is subjective and varies from person to person. What's the best color in the world? There is no such thing... you have your favorite colors and someone else has theirs. Same thing with dance. This isn't math. It's opinion.

So I would be really careful with anyone who advertises themselves as "the best in such and such place." That's just ridiculous. Aside from making the person seem like stuck up egomaniac, it just won't be true for everyone, or anyone. Watch the person and make up your own mind. If you like what you see, train with them, if not, what's the point?

Post Thanks / Like

Its all true what you said, I just thought that maybe she has won some belly dance competitions or something - that is how we give the title "the best" in my country haha:P And because of that I just wondered how people dance in the UK, but I got disappointed when I saw that video! But I am glad that it was just "written" and more like in someones mind or so Thank you everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Having oneself unrolled from a carpet is only forgivable if one proceeds with the rest of the story and sticks one's hand in a basket of figs at the end of the show.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Having oneself unrolled from a carpet is only forgivable if one proceeds with the rest of the story and sticks one's hand in a basket of figs at the end of the show.
    presumably with an asp in the basket....

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Now, I would love to open a show by being unrolled from a carpet! I love theatrical entrances!

Post Thanks / Like

Which websites? Who says? I can't find any mention of her by Googling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast