Some advice about my website?

Darshiva

I'd like some honest opinions about the shop end of my website. What I need to know is:

How could I make this section of the website easier to use from your perspective?
Is there anything you find confusing (if so, what?)
Any other comments?

Thankyou for your time.

MariaAZ

How long is a term? On Performance, what is the minimum amount of time one must book? For your package, same question; what is the minimum time one gets for the base price?

My apologies if the answers are obvious, I'm very new to belly dance and am very unfamiliar with booking :)

Darshiva

Thankyou Maria, that is exactly the sort of thing I needed to hear. I will address those issues on my website. Thankyou for your feedback.

Ariella

Hey,

Geographically ignorant me had to google where Echucha, Victoria was to figure out where in the world you were. Someone who wants to hire you or take classes with you probably can figure out where you are based, but an international may not. Maybe you could say "Australia" somewhere in the bottom? Other than that, lovely website and everything is very clear!

-Ariella

Samira_dncr

This may just be personal preference, but it seems that you have 2 background images. One is the static snake-like logo in the back, the other is the opaque image that sits over the top. This seems excessively busy to me. I'd use one or the other. Feel free to ignore this if you are thrilled with the effect.

Darshiva

I am very thrilled with the effect - the design that floats over the top is the swoosh from my cards - my graphic artist & web designer worked together to produce it in a way that worked with the texture picture in the background & it's one of my favourite parts of the website. It is also the part I have received the most compliments on.

You'll note that there is a printer-happy version of every page - it's much simpler & will probably be to your preference. It too, is clicky-link navigable.

Reen.Blom

This may just be personal preference, but it seems that you have 2 background images. One is the static snake-like logo in the back, the other is the opaque image that sits over the top. This seems excessively busy to me. I'd use one or the other. Feel free to ignore this if you are thrilled with the effect.

Agreed, due to multiple colours and light on dark text it is very hard on the eyes... maybe bigger fonts? Well done otherwise!

Ariadne

Agreed also, it actually hurts my eyes when I scroll down. I think it's because your text is yellowish though. Making the text more white should fix it and help tie it in with the scrolling background.

Daimona

Sent you a pm.

You'll note that there is a printer-happy version of every page - it's much simpler & will probably be to your preference. It too, is clicky-link navigable.

I've looked for it, but I can't find any link to printer-happy versions on your services page. ;)

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Not to be mean or anything I understand you love it ... and we all have our ideas on what we love or don't love on websites ... but I personally don't like the background, it is too busy and feels/looked heavy and weighed down. The small yellow print is not easy to read on the heavy background. It is the type of website I tend to click away from, Sorry ... & Mosaic quietly and (tries to) unobtrusively exit the thread;)
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
I think the overall look is nice. I like the swirls. The concept of one static image and one scrolling is pretty cool and not seen so much (at least I haven't). I wouldn't click away from your site. The thing I think could pull it more together is to have less variations on fonts sizes and colours. Right now I can see red, white, light yellow, dark yellow and if I'm not mistaken a bright yellow similar to the darker but not quite the same.
In size there is all caps titles, large minuscular titles, smaller minuscular titles, Tiny descriptions, mediumsized prices in bold and your own logo text.
Somethings gotta go ;)
The old layout "rule" of no more than three or four variations of text is not so bad to have in mind actually.

I hope I have been respectful in my critique. My own website is a disaster in missing information and boredom :lol:
I think you are onto something good and as I said, overall I like it.

PracticalDancer

One minor thing -- when I click any of the Facebook links, they all go to the same page for "Ferdi Nuredinovski" -- who has a very different photo than you do here!

Darshiva

Okay, could those of you who are having issues viewing the site (unreadable fonts/colours) please let me know what browsers & versions you're having trouble with? The issues you're having are something I thought we'd got corrected before the site went live and none of my testers caught it, so this information will be very useful to my web designer.

Sirène

Out of curiosity, I tried opening the site in Firefox 4, Explorer 9 and Safari 5. They all looked the same to me, though Explorer 9 did a slightly better job rendering the font than the other two.

Darshiva

One minor thing -- when I click any of the Facebook links, they all go to the same page for "Ferdi Nuredinovski" -- who has a very different photo than you do here!

I am not having this problem, could you please clear your cookies and give it another crack - if the problem persists, please let me know what browser & version you are using, just in case that makes a difference.