Healthy Weight Gain?

HipDrops

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the advice. I just got back from the doctor's office for my "follow up" appointment, and I am just about back in the healthy range. :cool: I also feel like I have a lot more energy, and generally feel less run down. Another added bonus is that my skin and nails look more healthy.
In case anyone else is in this situation or finds themselves in this situation, this is what worked for me. I started doing weight training 3x/week, with heavier weights and a low number of reps. I found that this really increased my appetite overall.
In terms of food, I started to make myself a fruit smoothie for breakfast every day with milk protein powder, flaxseed oil, and honey added. I stashed some Ensure and Odwalla bars in my office desk and dance bag, which I would eat if I felt like I needed a snack between meals. Every other day I ate a whole avocado (usually with some tomato) right before bed.

Thanks,
HipDrops

Greek Bonfire

My mom has a problem being underweight. She would drink Ensure and also add ice cream to it to make a shake. In addition to "beefing" up her meals and snacks, I do believe this helped her a lot.

I, on the other hand, had to leave the room when I saw her enjoying this concoction because I've had to watch my weight my whole life. But being too thin is also a health problem that most people while secretly wishing for it, is no picnic either. Good luck and I hope you get to the weight you want to be at to be healthy.