Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a performance that ive agreed to do at the end of April :0) the classes for it started last week, and i requested the night off from work.

Soo with that said for me it will have been hmmm a full year i think! maybe even a year and a month,lol.

I need to check my thread on here to see when my first lesson was. Im super nostalgic and glad that i posted about my first class on here and can look back at it now. When i perform i hope to document the same on here :0)!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and its at a Hafla-fyi, im no 12 month wonder,lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice

And Henna, I think you're right. Actually I had exactly the same thoughts before the performance last year. I was SO afraid of messing up, because as you said mistakes would be obvious. And now I'm "afraid" because I'm alone But on the other hand I like it that I can dance MY way and interpret the music my way (heavily inspired by certain youtube videos though ), rather than performing someone else's choreo.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear all!

Today was the day *yay*
    and I'm so happy that I did it- thanks again

I had so much fun. Beforehand I was SOOO terribly nervous- I felt sick, I was shivering really hard and I was freezing, but as soon as the music started everything was gone I really enjoyed it a lot
    it was quite hard because there were tables with people all around, but I have already thought that it would be like that...
    And I assume my audience enjoyed it just as much, at least most of them came to me afterwards and told me that it was fantastic. Haha. I have already watched the footage and I'm really pleased cosidering it my second performance and first solo performance.
    Maybe- when the first rush of joy (don't know how it's called) is over- I'll post it for some critique, in order to improve (and there's a lot ).

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really pretty costume you're wearing. Very flattering.
    Wild and free my effing arse! Use another word!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piocca View Post

Beautiful costume and you look so graceful. Do you have any video of it?

Post Thanks / Like

For the costume I have to thank my aunt, who spent her whole saturday afternoon and sunday morning with me sewing, despite the fact that she traveled all this way just for these two days in order to participate at the party.
    I thought we just have to finish the white skirt- do the waistbend, cut and hem. But we ended up altering the top completely and also renewed the blue skirt's waistband.

And yes, I have video (thankfully)- even from different angles my dad was filming with his camera and my cousins were filming with their cellphones...was a little shock to see all the cameras when I entered, actually I don't even know what to think of this

Post Thanks / Like

With so much footage you could edit it with different camera angles, would be nice! Lucky you have an aunt to help with costumes

Post Thanks / Like

So, I walked in my class casually like "Hey what's up?" and my teacher is like "Oh hai! Nah, just came from a job blah blah blah..... you are performing 12.5.... and that water is fixed, you can drink now blah blah blah...". Like... wtf O.O This will be my performance, and while I am super excited about it I am afraid I will ruin something in performance. In one moment I am happy (because I want to show my dance and enjoy doing it) in the other moment I am nervous as hell.

So I was wondering if I could upload a video for you to show my dancing to this coreography and get some opinions here? I respect fully my teacher, she is great, but it would not be bad to hear from you also, would it be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadawing View Post
    So, I walked in my class casually like "Hey what's up?" and my teacher is like "Oh hai! Nah, just came from a job blah blah blah..... you are performing 12.5.... and that water is fixed, you can drink now blah blah blah...". Like... wtf O.O This will be my performance, and while I am super excited about it I am afraid I will ruin something in performance. In one moment I am happy (because I want to show my dance and enjoy doing it) in the other moment I am nervous as hell.

So I was wondering if I could upload a video for you to show my dancing to this coreography and get some opinions here? I respect fully my teacher, she is great, but it would not be bad to hear from you also, would it be?
    The few time I have shown my dancing I have gotten some good advice from the people here. You are most welcome to put a video here (in it's own thread for best results).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456