Hello there from Belgium

Nesrin

Hi!! :)

My name is Nesrin and I'm a 22 year old girl of Turkish descent living in Belgium. I learnt Middle Eastern dance from my mother and aunts (one of them is now teaching belly dance in Turkey) at the age of 9. I never took 'real' belly dancing lessons, but maybe I might take classes in the near future to improve my skills. I have already danced at weddings, parties etc.

I grew up with belly dance since I always loved watching Turkish dancers on television, going to shows, parties with belly dancers; and I still do.

Among my favourite dancers are Didem, Tanyeli, Birgül Beray, Nesrin Topkapi (Turkish), Amani, Maya Abi Saad (Lebanese), Fifi Abdo, Suhair Zaki, Dandesh (Egyptian) and Ansuya.

I'm also following the Oryantal Star 2 show on Turkish television, which I think is extremely interesting. I love the different themes, guest appearances, dance acts and so on.. I'ts a pity you rarely see these kinds of (oriental dance) programmes on Western European television.

PS: I am really happy to have found this forum, it is very interesting and all you people are so nice. I'm sorry if my English is not that good, but I'm trying my best!

;)

miss_shimmy

hi

great to see you,so happy you found this awesome group!

Helena

Yayyy, another member from Belgium!! :dance:

Welcome Nesrin!! Where are you from in Belgium and where's you're family from in Turkey?

I just came back from Ankara yesterday but I missed the oryantal star finale at new year's eve :( .. Who won?

Happy posting!!!

vinstones

Hi Nesrin,

Welcome to the forum, you are doing great..

belly dancing transcend language, country and age.

Glad you found this forum.:clap:

Vincent

Maria_Aya

Welcome Nesrin (and you have the name of my favorite ever turkish dancer Nesrin Top Kapi !!! )

Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya
Greece :)

p.s. Didem is my fav also, she have something fresh in her dance