Sadie's teaching DVDs?

natesfeliz

Has anyone bought and tried them? I want to buy and try, but I dont know if its worth it..? What do you guys think?

Yame

Depends.
What are you looking to get out of them? What's your experience with belly dance?

natesfeliz

Depends.
What are you looking to get out of them? What's your experience with belly dance?

I have danced in total a bit under a year, and I just want to learn dancing at home as I often lately dont have time to go anywhere to train, but I really wanna learn belly dancing, I do on my free time things I learned in the training, but I need more.

Taslin

Im a Sadie fan but you get more instruction time, more drills, and more for your money with other DVD's in my opinion.

i prefer Michelle Joyce for the type of learning your'e describing. i use Sadie's Dvds the least as the others cover what she does and then some....but she DOES break down moves more thoroughly than others. i just feel like their is a lil less on her DVDs than my favorites.

Jane

Always get instruction, live and recorded, from dancers you want to dance like. If you want to incorporate Sadie's style into your own dance, her DVDs do have excellent instruction on how to get her musicality and technique.

Shara

For a basic library of moves, get Instant Belly Dancer by Neon. It has helpful graphics to help you visualize. Definitely get Killer Ziller by Michelle Joyce, it is a must! I also like Blanca's Sensual Belly Dance and Tanna Valentine's Show Basics. It does make a difference which style you are wanting to do, because there are some on Egyptian, Turkish, etc.

Shara

Totally Turkish with Ruby is a fun intro to Turkish, but you need your basics down first, because it assumes you have that already. I Love Turkish Belly Dance with Sarah Skinner is fun and has gorgeous costumes and it has a section on costuming that has really good tips! So, you see, we need to know which style you want to do!

Ariella

Has anyone bought and tried them? I want to buy and try, but I dont know if its worth it..? What do you guys think?

Hey,
If you're looking to learn Sadie's particular style, I say go with her DVDs. I have one, and it's nicely filmed and clearly instructed. However, as others have suggested, if you're looking for more general belly dance instruction there are much better DVDs out there.

-A