Seeking a sword in Australia

Bast

I am looking for a gold tone or brass look balanced dance sword. I would prefer not to have to spend over $200 AUD which includes shipping.

I have tried ebay, google searches, checked market place threads and can find nothing suitable.

bellydancestore.com has two that I love but they don't ship swords internationally.

http://http://bellydancestore.biz/images/picpage.php?productId=11006

I would like one that is not too heavy and preferably one that is one piece (not attached to separate handle) and because I am really picky, I also would prefer not buy a leather wrapped handle as I think it may degrade over time.

I tried one exactly like this at a second hand stall but it was much too heavy:

Mission impossible?

Bast

I know of triballine.com Sword Line that sells swords in Oz & Our own Dev sells swords in his store Swords & Scimitars | Belly Dance Props | Devs.com.au.
~Mosaic
PS: seems their swords are silver though the balady sword which is a scimitar at triballine isn't very heavy. I also would prefer a brass colour sword, but may have to settle for a silver.

Thanks for your help :) Devs was one of the first places I checked and wasn't what I was after. However I love the lion sword on the tribaline page. I hadn't seen that one before. I might email them to see if they can get a gold tone one ordered in.

Thanks for your help :) Devs was one of the first places I checked and wasn't what I was after. However I love the lion sword on the tribaline page. I hadn't seen that one before. I might email them to see if they can get a gold tone one ordered in.

I've got the lion sword from Tribaline. It's gorgeous but it is a bit smaller than the decorated scimitars (like the one in your pic). I was disappointed at first, because my sword looks small compared to the other girls in my troupe.

However, I'm the one who gets all the comments from the audience! The thing is, my sword looks real and sharp (even though it isn't), so the audience think I'm being terribly brave...

Bast

I've got the lion sword from Tribaline. It's gorgeous but it is a bit smaller than the decorated scimitars (like the one in your pic). I was disappointed at first, because my sword looks small compared to the other girls in my troupe.

However, I'm the one who gets all the comments from the audience! The thing is, my sword looks real and sharp (even though it isn't), so the audience think I'm being terribly brave...

Thanks for the feedback on the lion sword. I was actually going to ask if anyone had any reviews of swords they had bought. As for the size smaller is good for me. I'm fairly short and the ballady scimitar I tried was really big for me.

Bast

Has anyone tried either of these?

edit: I have watched the video reviews in the sword advice thread, just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them.

Last edited:

Bast

I know several girls who have the second one. They're OK but do look very fake.

By the way, the first video clip in this article looks exactly like the lion sword:
Belly Dance Sword: Dancing with Danger?

Thanks for that :)

Yeah, I did think the second brass sword looked more like a prop than anything else.

I do like the look of the lion sword in performance but the little nut at the end was bothering me. Small detail I know.

I managed to get an anubis sword that had a couple of faults for a considerable discount. Since I am just learning with sword I figured it would be getting bounced off the floor a fair bit anyway.