Hello from Washington!

Shiro

Hello!

I'm Chantel, I turned 18 on May 5th, and as you can tell, I'm from Washington state. I've been interested in bellydance for 4 years, and have been using videos as a way of learning for about 2 years.

I keep garter snakes, they are my inspiration and they are such beautiful, inquisitive creatures. I have 12 garters. 5 of which were born on March 5th this year. I have 10 Northwestern garter snakes and 2 Oregon red spotted garter snakes.

I have a lot of health problems that hinder me from learning bellydance, but I try to learn whenever possible. Recently, I fell off a retaining wall and sprained my ankle really badly, so I won't be able to continue learning for about 4 weeks. It's very saddening.

I have a lot of favourite dancers. Some of them include Moria Chappel, Rachel Brice, Sharon Kihara and Dondi. I have many other favourites, but I cant list them all.

I hope that some of the more veteran dancers can help to inspire me to keep learning once my foot is all healed up.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi to the forum. Sure hope your ankle will heal quickly so you can get back to dancing. I know how I would feel if an injury prevented me dancing, I'd feel quite sad - housework & all that sort of thing, well I wouldn't miss that;) - Just my dancing:D .
~Mosaic

Shiro

Thanks for the welcome.

I enjoy not having to do any house work, but I also dislike relying on anyone to do things for me. I made my foot a little big worse trying to get into bed yesterday, I keep forgetting that it's injured! Same goes with spur of the moment dancing to the music in my head. Haha!

goddessyasaman

Welcome, I'm sorry to hear about your foot:( but one thing you could try while you can not use your foot is upper body Isolation, and hand and arm moves you can do these sitting down and that way you won't feel to bad about not being able to dance right now. Glade to have you with us!!

Farasha Hanem

Awwww, I'm so sorry, Chantal! :( *hugs!* We all hope you heal soon, so you can be up and practicing again! :dance: Welcome to the forum, you can hang here with us while and after you heal. :D I have a little sister with the same name, only she spells it "Shantell." Get better soon! ^^

Shiro

My upper body isolations are the best part of my body I can isolate. My lower body needs some intense work! Haha. But, it wouldnt hurt to practice more upper body isolations.

I live around Lake Stevens and Granite Falls.

Shiro

Maybe!

I may be getting social security for my agoraphobia and anxiety, I'm hoping to move somewhere near Tacoma, whenever that may be possible. All of my friends moved away and live there now.