True or False

Darshiva

True. I have a small family.

True or false: You had Aunt Rocky's book on pre-order and you stroked & petted it when it arrived.

Shanazel

False, darn it. Have to limit my purchases until after the holidays.

True or false:

You have used fake tattoos upon occasion.

Amulya

True, a rose garland around my arm. It was really cool, but could never find the same fake tattoo anymore :(

True or false:
your own hand made costumes have your blood on them (because you pricked yourself)

(putting random stuff in the fridge, I am guilty, my boyfriend found the rice crisps in the fridge today... I must have put them there in the night after a snack attack. I have once accidently put a bowl with rice in a cupboard at my mothers place when I was a teen and she found it weeks later... lets say it had beautiful colours haha)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
True! Probably most of my costumes have blood on/in them somewhere.

You have a dance costume, accessory, or prop that once belonged to a famous dancer.

Amulya

Sort of true: I owned the first costume from a well known dancer in Holland (and it was my first bought costume too). She's now a well known dancer in Turkey. Can't name her because she ripped me off with the costume LOL. (the thing needed a lot of repair and I paid too much, but what does a baby belly dancer know)

True or false:
you have accidently dropped a costume piece on the street and luckily found it lying on the street the next day.

Shanazel

Hmm, I think that's false, but I have occasionally left a CD in the rec center machine and was able to rescue it later.

True or false: you have traveled over 100 miles to perform in a show.

Daimona

True or false: you have traveled over 100 miles to perform in a show.

True. The furthest I've gone to perform only equals 1022 miles (back and forth by car. I went by plane, though). By car it is 211 miles.

True or false: Have you experienced that a gig have been cancelled in less than an hour from the time you were supposed to be there?

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
False. At most it was 2 days before.

True or false: You secretly love/approve of glitter usage on bellydancers

Shanazel

False. Too often it just makes dancers look like they are sweating heavily. However I have been to dance competitions where competitors were actually marked down for not using enough glitter. :rolleyes:

True or false: you have had a major costume malfunction during a public show.

Amulya

True 0_o ! A bra strap that popped (not wearing thin Turkish back straps anymore. Lucky no one noticed as it was at the end of the show and I had my veil to cover up.

True or False:
When you were performing sequins or beaded strands started shedding from your costume.

(speaking about traveling, I have traveled to Sofia for a gig and to Italy as well, from Holland, that counts as more than 100 miles I think)

Shanazel

True enough I have strown my share of sequins and beads. I tell my students that belly dancers shed.

True or false:

You have owned/worn at least one costume that was hideously unbecoming to you.

Amulya

Oh definitely true! I can prove it with pictures in my costume album, go and have a look and a laugh :p

True or false:
You have/had a student who became a professional belly dancer.

Shanazel

False. I haven't a clue as to what goes in a gift basket.

True or false: you love to shop for other people.

Bast

True! I love finding things that are just right for people. I tend to pick up things throughout the year and put them away until b'days or Christmas.
Had heaps of fun doing the secret habibi thing on bhuz.

True or False:
You have a fabulous costume in your closet that you bought because it was pretty even though you know it will probably be a very long time before it gets to see the light of day.

Amulya

False, the really amazing ones get used.

True or false
You bought a costume or costume items (jewelry, tribal stuff) and it arrived in a total disgusting state (yucky, smelly or falling apart etc.)

Jane

True. I bought a wool cover up for winter that smelled like cat pee when it got damp. Had to have the dry cleaner treat it.

True or False: You've dressed up a pet in a belly dance costume and taken pictures.

Shanazel

No. Star is a beauty but she's an American Quarter horse and looks best in Western attire. Now my daughter has a new Arab gelding that we could dress up. My daughter wants to compete in those shows where riders and horses dress up in fantasy Arabian costumes. It will be the only way I'll ever get her into anything approaching a belly dance costumes.

Whoops. TMI.

True or false:

You performed in a program you had not practiced nearly enough for.