What and By Whom is this song?

Farasha Hanem

Hi, gypsy, I miss seeing you on the forum. :)

I tried my SoundHound app, but unfortunately, it didn't recognize the song, so I left a comment asking what music that was. I'll let you know if the owner of the channel answers. :)

Don't be a stranger! :D

teela

According to my husband who was listening and watching with me, the main instrument is a schaum which is kind of a primative oboe and the reed is similar to a bassoon reed. So its possible being a renn faire, the music was being done live by what ever muscians they had handy. Think snake charmer instrument which is also a schaum.

mahsati_janan

I have this music on cd somewhere. I was thinking it was one of the tribal-ish bands like Solace, but it may be someone else. I'll see if I can find the cd and let you know if I do.

Ariadne

Looking closer and thinking about the Shifting Sands group and how they include musicians I am starting to think that teela is probably correct.
So its possible being a renn faire, the music was being done live by what ever muscians they had handy.
Even if it is music on a Solace CD or some such it's entirely possible that this was a live performance.

Ariadne

It is just painted on fabric, and not a heavy fabric in fact which is why you can see the metal support poles through it when the light comes from behind. Honestly I am amazed it has survived so well. I wonder what they treated the surface with? :think:

mahsati_janan

Masati, if you find the cd, please let me know, thanks!
A schaum, I like the sound.

Absolutely :) I know I have it b/c about 7 or 8 years ago one of my troupe members did a performance to it, so it is just tracking it down. All else fails, I know I have the video of her performance somewhere. I can check that to see if the song name was announced. I am thinking it might have been by Helm. She was listening to a lot of Helm and Solace at that time and I bought copies of them for our performances.