Post Thanks / Like

Default Shushanna from Philadelphia

Hello,

I am a professional bellydancer from Philadelphia, PA. I've been dancing since 2004, taking classes with Alexia / Kim Leary of the Princeton area. I'm Level 2 Certified in the Suhaila Salimpour Format, and working on my Level 3. Here's a link to my website: Shushanna - Professional Bellydancer of Philadelphia. I've produced regional Bellydance events in Philadelphia, included Jalsah Philly featuring Carmine Guida and Melissa Murphy, and Elements of Bellydance featuring Anasma, Alexia, Amalia and Shaula.

If I look familiar or you've seen my name before, you might know me from Rakkasah East or Spring Caravan, where I am the Volunteer Coordinator and a Stage Manager. (There are still classes available for Spring Caravan 2011!) You also might know me from the Theatrical Bellydance Conference where I am the Stage Manager and help coordinate with the performers. (Act now to get the discount rates for workshops! Deadline is June 1st!)

I'm also an experienced costumer, and recently I've been adding a wing to my website devoted to teaching other bellydancers how costumes are made. There are some really wonderful websites out there already, like the Costume Goddess and Shira.net, but I wanted to add even more basic, fully illustrated tutorials for the dancer who's never picked up a needle before.

Here's the link. Shushanna Designs: How to Make Costumes I hope it helps you.
    Last edited by Shushanna; 12-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A warm to the forum. Nice to have you with us. I am sure your how to make costumes section on your website will be a much visited section I just wish I had the patience to make my own. It takes me a month of Sundays to even just fix something - I am a major in procrastination when it comes to sewing
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shushanna View Post
    If I look familiar or you've seen my name before, you might know me from Rakkasah East or Spring Caravan, where I am the Volunteer Coordinator and a Stage Manager. (There are still classes available for Spring Caravan 2011!)
    Haha! I knew your name sounded familiar.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Wonderful to have you with us! I only recognize you from Bhuz, where you posted some GORGEOUS selfmade costumes. Your costume website looks very interesting, what a resource

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Shushanna!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everybody.