Thread: Hi Everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Everybody!

Hi everyone, I'm from England and I've been doing Egyptian belly dancing for 2 and a half years. I recently did my first performance in a theatre and loved it!

I've been dancing my whole life, I did ballet, tap and jazz from the age of 5 to 12and I've also done ballroom and latin from the age of 15. I'm 23 now and I'm by far the youngest in my group, my parents think it's hilarious that I go to haflas with women in their 50s and 60s.

I'm also interested in learning American Tribal Style but there isn't a teacher in my area and I don't have a car so I'm sticking with Egyptian for now. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet you, Nasrin, and welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. There is a lot of young women in classes etc who learn along side older women. Maybe you need to take your Mum to class she wouldn't think it was so hilarious then - and would see the benefits of all age groups enjoying the beauty of the dance together.

Oh I am the 2nd oldest in one of my classes at 62 & the youngest is 27. I teach classes of mixed ages as well One class is predominantly older women 45 to around 60-ish who come along for fun and activity (they have no interest in performing) the other ages range from 18 to mid 50s and perform as a group at haflas.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to persuade my mum to come but she does ballroom dancing with my dad and she said she wouldn't be able to cope with trying to remember more dances, which is fair enough. I was actually going to go with my sister originally just for a bit of exercise but she couldn't make it so I went by myself and ended up getting hooked!