Favorite Dvd's for just workout?

lilith71

Hello, I take belly dance classes two times a week, but would like to have a variety of workout dvd's to practice at home. Currently I have the Cardio Tribal dvd's , Luscious dvd and have just ordered Women Powered workout. Does anybody have any other favorites to add to the pot? I like dvd's that aren't too long, and broken up too much, with technique. I just wanna break a sweat and work on drilling moves. Thanks:D

Last edited:

Yame

How do you like Luscious? If you like it, you might consider getting WDNY's Shimmy Workout DVD with Sarah Skinner which is being released, like... next week? It's formatted similarly.

Trailer:

Disclaimer: I can recommend that DVD even though it's not out yet, because I am in it... that's me with the black hair. I don't mean to shamelessly promote myself, but it's a good workout, and it's a lot of fun!

I have luscious, Rhythms, Cocktail Classic Cabaret, and Hard Candy. I love them all as they have a tutorial if I need help with moves, practice flow or the workout if I just want to dance.

The Shimmy one looks fun. I also would like to get Love Potion and Tribal Fusion workout. I love those DVDs, they are really good and fun but at an affordable price or I can just rent them from netflix.

Yame-You're in the new Shimmy workout? That's really cool! It does look like it would be a really good workout.

Ariadne

Disclaimer: I can recommend that DVD even though it's not out yet, because I am in it... that's me with the black hair. I don't mean to shamelessly promote myself, but it's a good workout, and it's a lot of fun!

:lol: I'll have to look for you then. I fully intend to buy this in the next month once it's released. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
How do you like Luscious? If you like it, you might consider getting WDNY's Shimmy Workout DVD with Sarah Skinner which is being released, like... next week? It's formatted similarly.

Trailer:

Oh WOW! Yame, I am so going to buy that DVD, I love Sarah & now with youy in the DVD I must have it:D I also love shimmy drills. I assume it is WDNY? When will it be released?
~Mosaic

PS: Just went to WDNY & have pre-ordered the Shimmy workout

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I meant to add, seeing you are in on the 'know' who comes up with the costumes designs when DVDs go into production, I love the the costume combos you see on the different DVDs. The gold combo you are wearing in this new DVD looks great. Hope you are allowed to keep them:D

Lilith the 2 DVDs I like the best for workout stuff is Luscious & Hard Candy, & by the looks of this new Shimmy one that will be added to my favs when I can get my hot little paws on a copy:D
~Mosaic

Yame

The release date is May 24, so if all goes as planned it should be out in only a few days!

As for the costumes, yes, we did keep the bedleh, they were made by Sarah Skinner herself (she is very talented at costume design). Some of the bedleh on the WDNY Workout DVDs are by Totally Creative of NY, but others may have been made by other designers or the girls themselves. The pants and cholis I think are generally by Sharifwear.

Bast

Trailer:

I have to have this! looks like fun and a good workout.

Love your costumes too!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The release date is May 24, so if all goes as planned it should be out in only a few days!

As for the costumes, yes, we did keep the bedleh, they were made by Sarah Skinner herself (she is very talented at costume design). Some of the bedleh on the WDNY Workout DVDs are by Totally Creative of NY, but others may have been made by other designers or the girls themselves. The pants and cholis I think are generally by Sharifwear.
OH WOW! what a prize bedlah made by Sarah. I love her costumes they are to die for:D Totally Creative, I haven't heard of them before this. do they have a website do you know?
~Mosaic

Sirène

Three cheers for shameless promotion! ;) This looks like it'd be a challenge for me, but it also looks like fun and it has Yame. Yup... buying my copy this week. :D

Wonder if I should go to Amazon or wait for the vendor room at Spring Caravan...:think:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Three cheers for shameless promotion! ;) This looks like it'd be a challenge for me, but it also looks like fun and it has Yame. Yup... buying my copy this week. :D

Wonder if I should go to Amazon or wait for the vendor room at Spring Caravan...:think:
Go to WDNY direct, they have cheap postage and pre-ordered you get your DVDs as soon as they are released which means the same time as places like Amazon who sting you with their postage receive theirs & before they come on the market. If you have any problems with a DVD WDNY work with you to quickly sort out problems & replace if necessary.:D
~Mosaic

Ariadne

Oh! That reminds me I don't think I ever commented on my experience with WDNY. I would definitely buy direct from them again!

Yame

WDNY's service is great. You could get it from their website or directly from Sarah Skinner, Victoria (the third girl on the video), or myself.

lilith71

Wow, the Shimmy Workout looks like it's right up my alley! I just realized I have Suhaila's fitness fusion dvd's and started these too! I just did the Pilates this morning and can't believe I missed how good these were!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I received the Shimmy Workout DVD yesterday and managed to watch it just a short while ago, LOVE IT! I will definitely be using this video ... probably kill me, but what the heck! A fun ( exhausting) way to go!:lol:

I have always liked Sarah Skinner, now not only do I have a soft spot for Sarah, but our very own Yame is gorgeous - I heart Yame
~Mosaic

onela

Shimmy Workout looks hard and AWESOME. Want!

Slower-paced, but I recently acquired Nath Keo's belly dance combo dvd's and I'm enjoying working with them. Drill videos are fun but I'm not too bad of a driller, it's stringing together choreography and combos that's the hard part for me. (I think Mahin should smash her youtube videos together into a dvd, I love her combo quickies).

Sirène

I received the Shimmy Workout DVD yesterday and managed to watch it just a short while ago, LOVE IT! I will definitely be using this video ... probably kill me, but what the heck! A fun ( exhausting) way to go!:lol:

I have always liked Sarah Skinner, now not only do I have a soft spot for Sarah, but our very own Yame is gorgeous - I heart Yame
~Mosaic

Let me add my applause :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The DVD has been my go-to video since I got it. It's challenging, but a lot of fun, and I LOVE Sarah's instruction. You'll find yourself smiling even as your calves are burning and feet are cramping. And can I get an 'amen' that she does stretching between each shimmy section, not just at the end of the video? I REALLY appreciate that.

And of course...Yame! :dance: