Hi All

Ahava_Melantha

Hello, All,

my name is Brenna, aka (ahava melantha) from AK. I'm married with 3 kidz & a husband. I've been belly dancing since I was 15. right now I mostly just bd everyday at home. am looking to expand my knowledge and skills of the dance.

Love,

ahava melantha

Ahava_Melantha

I'm just now getting into try and learn different/specific styles of dance. I'm really not quite sure what my kim, melissa and sarah o'hara did, but I think there may have been some turkish influences in there, but Grace Ann had a very classical egyptian styling to her dance.

I have a beledi dvd I should probably get to. I have this other dvd, I love it, its called the heartbeat of belly dance by Jenna. my only problem is that her last dance, she teaches it really weird so for me, its hard to learn it. also, I only see her backside. and I can't see her in the mirror very well. so thats my gripe, besides that shes a good teacher. but a few of those moves in the last dance, she DOES NOT break down well at all. but I love the dancces. especially since I'm so horribly at drum solos so I can only do drum solos if they're choreographed. but I can improv dance to other songs no problem. lol.

Greek Bonfire

I'm just now getting into try and learn different/specific styles of dance. I'm really not quite sure what my kim, melissa and sarah o'hara did, but I think there may have been some turkish influences in there, but Grace Ann had a very classical egyptian styling to her dance.

I have a beledi dvd I should probably get to. I have this other dvd, I love it, its called the heartbeat of belly dance by Jenna. my only problem is that her last dance, she teaches it really weird so for me, its hard to learn it. also, I only see her backside. and I can't see her in the mirror very well. so thats my gripe, besides that shes a good teacher. but a few of those moves in the last dance, she DOES NOT break down well at all. but I love the dancces. especially since I'm so horribly at drum solos so I can only do drum solos if they're choreographed. but I can improv dance to other songs no problem. lol.

Yes, that last one is much more challenging which is why it's labelled the most advanced. But when I aced it, I sure felt my education went way up on my measuring scale. :) But I believe you can do it - I still borrow many of the moves from that last one to this day.