randa kamal

Ahava_Melantha

I was just curious, is randa kamal any good? would any of her dvds be a good idea on expanding egyptian style? just curious.

how do you guys like her? good? bad? I know I don't care for some of her costumes, and the style seems a bit different than what i'm used to. but I'm trying to expand styles and types, etc.

Kashmir

She's good - but not to my taste. Yes, I hate her costumes.

I've only done one workshop with her. I was not struck by the quality of her ability as a teacher. She is probably best for someone with extensive existing belly dance back ground with a lot of physical strength and a good understanding of how to make their body move without instruction ie she shows you something and you have to work out how to do it.

I'm not sure if her dance is typical of Egyptian. Have you done any of Raqia's old teaching tapes? Or Shareen el Safy. I'd try these before tackling randa.

Yame

I love Randa... she is one of my favorite current Egyptian dancers. I think her style suits her well, but wouldn't look very good on me.

Still, I would love to learn from her. I do have one of her choreography DVD's, I thought she explained decently enough for my level but wouldn't recommend it for a beginner.

I've never finished learning the choreography though, because I have very little patience for learning choreography via DVD.