Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting responses, I think for myself, I'm going to investigate this further. I went to class last night and pretended I was a 1920's hollywood starlet. A Theda Bara type. It actually felt good! Normally, I am horribly insecure in my own skin. It's hard for me to feel joyous on stage, when I'm too worried I'm going to make a mistake. I am going to play around with taking on different "roles" in class and see what clicks. We have a competition coming up in a few weeks and I am going to try to imagine what my character would be for the dances we will be performing. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't, I don't think it will hurt to try though.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting question. At first, I thought I should focus on my stage name but too much of my real self kept coming out. So I'm a blend of at least two people.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't feel nervous, just dancing like Angle~*~

Quote Originally Posted by lilith71 View Post
    Interesting responses, I think for myself, I'm going to investigate this further. I went to class last night and pretended I was a 1920's hollywood starlet. A Theda Bara type. It actually felt good! Normally, I am horribly insecure in my own skin. It's hard for me to feel joyous on stage, when I'm too worried I'm going to make a mistake. I am going to play around with taking on different "roles" in class and see what clicks. We have a competition coming up in a few weeks and I am going to try to imagine what my character would be for the dances we will be performing. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't, I don't think it will hurt to try though.

Hehe, it's really happy to share your feeling on stage. Although I have never performed on the stage before, I completely can imagine your feeling at that time. Just like when I was facing the interniew, I felt so worried at the beginning, well, later, I told myself what if I were that interviewer... Thinking like that, I soon felt peaceful and normal. So, I think you could just tell yourself like "what if I were one of the audiences down the stage...", I believe you must be very proud of yourself. Ahah ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Well, if we get to choose ghosts, dibs on Samia Gamahl.

Lilith, if it works for you then why not! Especially if it helps with confidence in performing.
    Last edited by seona; 06-01-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: To add

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12