Mayte Garcia

Taslin

Okay i saw the on-demand video for a second time that i hated. I STILL hate it. Here's why:

She uses non BD vocabulary the whole way through it, not just to explain the moves, but through the entire routine learning and execution.

Like:

Hula. Hula to the left. "Hula, Hula, Hula. 3 Hulas to the right, hula to the left". Not infinity to the left or traveling vertical eights -nope. Hula."picture a Hula dancer and hula to the side".

"Wipe that dirt of your shoe". She uses this to describe dragging a pointed toe like everytime.

There's more but you get the point. This irritated me. There really was no reason that she couldnt use some real vocubulary to describe the steps.

Darshiva

I use the motion description in classes & workshops as there are so many different terms for the same move and so many moves for the same term it gets confusing. (eg: mayas are downward 8s) But I agree, the visualisation techniques should be dropped before the drilling begins.

Yame

There's more but you get the point. This irritated me. There really was no reason that she couldnt use some real vocubulary to describe the steps.

Well, there is no such thing as "real vocabulary" in belly dance, but I get you. I'd be annoyed at a DVD telling me to "hula to the left" and "hula to the right," too. Or maybe just amused... I was laughing at your description.

Meera

Okay i saw the on-demand video for a second time that i hated. I STILL hate it. Here's why:

She uses non BD vocabulary the whole way through it, not just to explain the moves, but through the entire routine learning and execution.

Like:

Hula. Hula to the left. "Hula, Hula, Hula. 3 Hulas to the right, hula to the left". Not infinity to the left or traveling vertical eights -nope. Hula."picture a Hula dancer and hula to the side".

"Wipe that dirt of your shoe". She uses this to describe dragging a pointed toe like everytime.

Yes! This annoyedme too. I couldn't beleive she used the word "hula" and the other one she said was "do the laundry." lolol