Irina Akulenko on Howcast

Yame

Usually these websites/youtube channels feature very bad so-called professionals, awful explanations and even wrong technique, so I was pleasantly surprised to find Irina Akulenko here. She's a wonderful dancer and has great technique.

This could be useful to our baby beginner members who like to work at home, or fans of Irina who want some insight into her technique and her way of doing moves (or for those of us who just like to watch her :lol: )

The intro video:

This video is followed by a series of videos explaining beginner isolations. There are a bunch of them!

PS.: I didn't know whether to post this here or on "Youtube Videos," but I figured it would be more appropriate to post here where students are more likely to see her.

Sirène

I see a workout for YT downloader in the near future. ;)

Irina is one of my favorites. I adore the bonus performance (Retrying) on her workout dvd, and she was the focus of my favorite performance from the the BellyQueen anniversary dvd: the Brooklyn Baladi number.

ETA: I forget which site she did it for (it's wasn't Howcast, something similar) but Sahira (the woman who choreographed Arabian Spices) also has a series of how-to belly dance videos on YT.

Last edited:

lexiconlush

Sahira did it for Expert Village.

This is cool. I'm glad this replaces the sad excuse of a belly dance tutorial they had before.

chirel

Hi, I'm second-time beginner in belly dance and due to several reasons I'm practising at home at the moment. I've used Irinas videos for technique and I'm really glad to find out that you think she knows what shes doing :) I use mostly what I find on the internet and I'm well aware that the material can be anything and it takes time to know good instructions from bad ones. I have to try to find Sahiras videos too. Thanks for the tip :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
It's nice to see some good videos, I'm sure those who are learning from home will be very happy to know about Irina.
~Mosaic

Safran

I don't know anything about Howcast, and sadly I haven't heard much about Irina either, but I find it so cute how her earrings clicker when she talks! :lol: