Thread for Arm Ornaments (or other ornaments)

Amulya

No I meant what the stuff was that kept them in place. Plastic straps make sense, they wouldn't slip I guess

Daimona

No I meant what the stuff was that kept them in place. Plastic straps make sense, they wouldn't slip I guess

From the pictures they remind me of those invisible bra straps.. (but of course Elen is the only one who can tell what they really are)

Bast

Ah, yes.
Getting a thick gold ribbon, gold bracelets, etc will be fine (anything gold will work). You could also match the greenblueish paliettes (doesn't have to be an exact match, just close enough) if you don't want to be all golden.
Or if you want to have to similar arm decorations, you can always split the existing sleeve into two (cut it in the middle, adjust width and redecorate).
Buying one of those chiffony arms is ok if you also have other details matching them (such as underskirt or details on the skirt), veil etc.

I love the arm decorations made by Elen Oriental, such as the ones on the fire costume.

All good suggestions, thank you :D

And those Elen Oriental costumes are just amazing. Wish I had even 10% of that talent for sewing.

Amulya

And patience! She must be so patient, that kind of beading takes years LOL. I'll ask her if she used those invisible bra straps for those arm thingies :) I think you can buy that stuff on EBay. I have used a thinner type once and that was bought by the meter.

Yame

New Aida video reminded me of this thread:

I love the belly chain attached between the bra and the skirt. I want to do something similar to this (and Fatima Habib's costume) for the next costume I make. There is also an accessory for the lower leg on this costume. Very beautiful. The costume is fairly simple, yet complete.

Amulya

New Aida video reminded me of this thread:

I love the belly chain attached between the bra and the skirt. I want to do something similar to this (and Fatima Habib's costume) for the next costume I make. There is also an accessory for the lower leg on this costume. Very beautiful. The costume is fairly simple, yet complete.

Love that costume! That belly chain looks great. I can see that working for the costume I am working on, only it is getting expensive (and immensity heavy) with the amount of stones it will contain, a belly chain on itself will already get heavy!

MissVega

Thank you guys for the compliments!

Now, so as not to threadjack, here's a picture of another belly accessory I really like... more subtle, almost like jewelry:

(Fatima Habib is the designer and model in this pic)

*Drool*:shok:

Starmouth

This seems as good a place as any to ask - what kind of arm ornaments would you recommend for less than toned arms? Whilst I am a pretty 'average' size (whatever that means) I have always been paranoid about my arms and shoulders. I don't want to wear a long sleeved top, I just want to be able to decorate my arms without making them look short and stumpy! :lol:

Bracelets seem to make my arms look short and cut off at the wrist. Rings don't do any favours to my short fingers and square hands. Anything with elastic seems to dig in and make the flesh bulge on either side, but I'm not sure how you would get anything to stay up otherwise!

Any ideas?

Shanazel

Sparkly temporary tattoos that run lengthwise along your arm? I've seen them in stores and thought they'd be fun and pretty under the right circumstances.

Greek Bonfire

This seems as good a place as any to ask - what kind of arm ornaments would you recommend for less than toned arms? Whilst I am a pretty 'average' size (whatever that means) I have always been paranoid about my arms and shoulders. I don't want to wear a long sleeved top, I just want to be able to decorate my arms without making them look short and stumpy! :lol:

Bracelets seem to make my arms look short and cut off at the wrist. Rings don't do any favours to my short fingers and square hands. Anything with elastic seems to dig in and make the flesh bulge on either side, but I'm not sure how you would get anything to stay up otherwise!

Any ideas?

Gauntlets stop upper arm jiggles and elongate your arms. If you want something less "warm" as gauntlets can get hot, upper arm bracelets with no lower arm bracelets also help with upper arm support yet don't cut your arms into "pieces."

Darshiva

I'm rather partial to elbow gauntlets (elbow cuffs/gloves?) because they draw attention away from the problem area without exacerbating the issue.

I also like big drippy things on a 5cm deep band (make sure the elastic is fitted for comfort and you won't get the bulging) - also helps distract from the problem area by being big & impressive, and has the added bonus of hiding the flabby under arm bit by way of huge drippy fabric.

Elbow Gauntlets:

Big Drippy Things On A Band:

Darshiva

I do little gauntlets that ONLY cover my elbows (although that probably won't work for 'not enough fabric'.) Mine are about a hand-span long, so they don't use much fabric.

Amulya

I think that would work, I got enough fabric for mini gauntlets, I had been thinking of making those but was afraid they would look silly.Do you have pictures as example how it looks on a real person?