Sorry for the absence!

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Ak - tornado and storms and roof leaks and pregnancy have kept me from the boards for far too long. I came back to a full inbox, and have cleared it out, so I apologize for everybody who tried to send PMs and failed.

I'll try to keep up! Can't promise much for Oct.-Dec when the kiddo is born, but for now I'll try to be on much more. :) I miss you guys!!

Shanazel

Always glad to have you back here at OD. Hope the pregnancy is going well and that you're done with tornados for a while.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Good to see you back and are OK, we heard all about those awful tornadoes on the news, scary, scary stuff!
~Mosaic

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Thanks gang!!

We are seriously tired of storms, floods, and twisters let me tell you! I can't wait to tell this baby, "You were gestating in the worst summer the Midwest has seen in 80 years!" lol. Hopefully this is a fertility omen that means a healthy strong baby. I know my belly is overflowing its boundaries, just like the river! LOL!

Shanazel

Snowpack in our mountains this year is over 300% of normal in some areas. The Platte River is almost to flood stage, something that has not happened since 1984, and most of the snow has barely begun to melt in the high country. We had fresh snow at 6500 feet over Memorial Day weekend and mountain passes that are usually open by now are still under fifteen feet of snow. Folks have been sandbagging for weeks.

So much for the decade long drouth. Now if we can just keep downtown high and dry...;)

Are you willing to share boy/girl/naming information?

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Sure! We will find out the sex on the 20th of this month (insh'allah) but honestly we haven't really thought much about names just yet. Hubby has a list of some he likes, and I'm kind of picking through those, but we're trying to strike a balance between something culturally traditional and something literary that's not too extreme. LOL. I ruled out "Gilgamesh" already :)