Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

the darned 3/4 shimmy!!!!! I semi zoned out for a second as we started it, and part way, I realized that I was doing it! LOL I had been thinking about it too hard. Then I got too amused watching myself in the mirror and started giggling at myself

Post Thanks / Like

Well, let's see about lightbulb moments...!

In a workshop about spins and turns, the teacher told us a trick how to hold the balance during turns - by activating the latissimus muscles at the side of the upper body. That made a huuuuge difference, suddenly I was able to stay upright after most kinds of turns. Yay!

Then just last weekend, we had a workshop on sword dance. The teacher told us to consider the sword as an actual dance partner instead of a lifeless object, and had us explore our "relationship" to our dance partner...
    At first it was kind of strange, but then I felt that the way that we students moved with the sword was changing completely!

Post Thanks / Like

had another one last night while in class. When I realized I should be incorporating somethings that I learned from being in the Drama guilds in school and college....
    Don't be afraid to make it big so the audience can see it.

DUH... this made doing a couple of moves so much easier, and I could see it in my body that it had "clicked". I wanted to smack myself in the forehead... lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lightbulb moment when I read about the 5 min workout. I use it on the nights that I am not feeling like doing anything. I tell myself I will work out for 5 mins and pretty soon, I discover I've gone 20 or 30 mins. 5 mins can easily multiply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234