Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

I took bellydancing lessons from January to December 2010 and am currently learning from instructional DVDs. I decided to join this forum because I want to stay motivated to practice regularly and also get from tips from others regarding specific moves, drills, costume, etc. I hope to make sort of a "side" career out of bellydancing...perhaps dance at weddings or in bellydance cafés on weekends. I guess time will tell if this aspiration will really come true! We'll see what my husband says about it too! lol

By the way, I am trying to work through Jillina's Drum Solo DVD and choreography and was having a very hard time with the hagalla. I just couldn't get the right move/timing...until now! I found a little youtube video that breaks it down and drills it. Now, I am very confident that I will be able to learn this choreography NO PROBLEM!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Which Jillina drum solo are you learning, her first or second?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I love the Jillina Drum Solo DVD but I do find it challenging. Please share the youtube link if you still have it. I could do with a little help on the hagalla too.

I bought Hannan Sultan's 3/4 shimmy DVD and I can do it her way (at least for a little while) but this doesn't help me do it Jillina's way. Especially when she pauses in between the shimmies in that drill sequence.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sonya! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find inspiration and motivation here!