Hello

Sonya

I took bellydancing lessons from January to December 2010 and am currently learning from instructional DVDs. I decided to join this forum because I want to stay motivated to practice regularly and also get from tips from others regarding specific moves, drills, costume, etc. I hope to make sort of a "side" career out of bellydancing...perhaps dance at weddings or in bellydance cafés on weekends. I guess time will tell if this aspiration will really come true! We'll see what my husband says about it too! lol

By the way, I am trying to work through Jillina's Drum Solo DVD and choreography and was having a very hard time with the hagalla. I just couldn't get the right move/timing...until now! I found a little youtube video that breaks it down and drills it. Now, I am very confident that I will be able to learn this choreography NO PROBLEM!

Bast

Hello :)

I love the Jillina Drum Solo DVD but I do find it challenging. Please share the youtube link if you still have it. I could do with a little help on the hagalla too.

I bought Hannan Sultan's 3/4 shimmy DVD and I can do it her way (at least for a little while) but this doesn't help me do it Jillina's way. Especially when she pauses in between the shimmies in that drill sequence.