Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All You Need To Know About Reputation Points

Thanks to Moderator Daimona all you need to know about giving Reputation and any other questions one may have
    ~Mosaic

What is "User Reputation"?, but I'll quote it below as well:

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
    Restrictions
    1. A user must have 50 posts before her/his reputation hits count on others.
    2. A user can give 10 reputation points over each 24 hour period.
    3. A user must give reputation to 20 different users before she/he can hit the same person again.
    4. A user must have a reputation of more than 10 for her/his reputation hits count on others.

And by the way, this isn't the first time the reputation system have been discussed: Spreading it about: I don't wanna!!

More abouth the reputation system:
    What's Your Reputation?

More about the green little boxes:
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Thanks to Moderator Daimona all you need to know about giving Reputation and any other questions one may have
    ~Mosaic
    Thank you, Mosaic. I'll just rephrase myself a bit to make it more suitable to be a general post:

There is a previous post (at least I couldn't find a more updated thread) about the user reputation system here:
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat...eputation.html. Questions about thre restrictions are quite frequently asked, so I'll quote it below as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoliy View Post
    Restrictions
    1. A user must have 50 posts before her/his reputation hits count on others.
    2. A user can give 10 reputation points over each 24 hour period.
    3. A user must give reputation to 20 different users before she/he can hit the same person again.
    4. A user must have a reputation of more than 10 for her/his reputation hits count on others.
    Now, there is an ongoing discussion about the reputation system:
    http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat...eputation.html
    but this isn't the first time the reputation system have been discussed: http://www.bellydanceforums.net/chat...n-t-wanna.html

Last edited by Daimona; 06-10-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: rephrasing
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

What does No. 4 mean? I couldn't understand it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

If a person has less than ten reputation points of his/her own s/he can't rep other people.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to cross post here... the number has been lowered to 5. You have to rep 5 other people before you can rep the same person again.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks my reputation points are the same, but green square is less than before. How many reputation is one green square box?

Post Thanks / Like

There were some members whose reputation had exceeded the set parameters and so the green box image was not showing up for them. I had the webmaster reset it so that while no one lost reputation, more points were alloted per square. But I could'nt tell you off hand what it is per square, I'd have to ask him or try to look it up...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyway the webmaster can make the information private? When people give me rep for something I've written, I value their opinions and it makes me happy to have said something reasonably intelligent or funny. But I hate, hate, hate having it advertised for everyone else to see.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Strange. I'm not a computer expert though but while my reputation number stayed the same, I still lost those wonderful greenie followers that I was so fond of. But now we have the "Likes" and I am becoming quite fond of them too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Bonfire View Post
    Strange. I'm not a computer expert though but while my reputation number stayed the same, I still lost those wonderful greenie followers that I was so fond of. But now we have the "Likes" and I am becoming quite fond of them too!
    I too like the "Likes".

I still like the "Rep" feature too.

I feel very agreeable today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast