Forum pages loading slowly?

PracticalDancer

Hello, all!

I know I haven't been as active on the forum recently, in part due to the pages loading v-e-r-y s--l--o--w--l--y. I know there is a bandwidth bandit in my neighborhood with a netflix addiction that hogs all of my evening bandwidth; but, even in the morning, this site takes over a minute to load the main page or any of the threads. And, this site is my "home" page, so you can imagine how frustrated I get.

Even when other sites load without problems, this one is slower.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there new scripts running that slow it down?

I love the forum, and I want to read it, but page load times are making it hard!

Anala

Daimona

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there new scripts running that slow it down?
I'm not experiencing it as hard as you do, but I suspect some of the google ads are slowing things down (I certainly do understand the need to have them, so I can't suggest any solutions atm) as they often get data from third parties. At least, this is what I have observed lately.

Last edited:

Cyriine

Not sure if it's because im not in the USA, but I haven't experiences any of it, pages are loading pretty quickly.

seona

Hello, all!

I know I haven't been as active on the forum recently, in part due to the pages loading v-e-r-y s--l--o--w--l--y. I know there is a bandwidth bandit in my neighborhood with a netflix addiction that hogs all of my evening bandwidth; but, even in the morning, this site takes over a minute to load the main page or any of the threads. And, this site is my "home" page, so you can imagine how frustrated I get.

Even when other sites load without problems, this one is slower.

I love the forum, and I want to read it, but page load times are making it hard!

Anala

For what it's worth, I too am having problems with the site being slow. Initially I thought it was because I've had connection issues with my computer, just recently I had not even been able to stream youtube etc, but the fault there has been fixed and now evrything is back to fast..apart from here! I also get logged out, today I wrote a pm then lost it when I tried to send, it seems to log me out! :(

Mosaic

Super Moderator
No problems here. Some of the ads I have been getting 404 errors on occasions, but that doesn't worry me, I am not interested in them:D Just the forum!

Have you tried clearing cookies Anala? Sometimes just doing that can help.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
It is slow for me too. Much better today but it has been quite tiresome. Yesterday f ex.
For me it is only this forum that is slow. No other pages.

Daimona

From hitting "Post reply" to I actually got to write anything of this reply, it took nearly 30s. But I'm not blaming the forum only, as everything on the net seems slow here these days. I think I need to check up my internet provider.

Edit: And posting this reply took two minutes from hitting the button until it appeared on the screen.

Last edited:

Ariadne

Yes it is running slow. Last night when I was reading the forum I would go and browse other sites while waiting for pages to load. In one case I read an entire news article before it was finished.

PS. Not as bad today but still slow.

Shanazel

It has been excruciatingly slow. Sometimes I actually give up and go hang out on the biker site while it loads. If you miss me, go check out doofclenas.com. :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hmmm a bit slow loading this evening, just 3 or 4 seconds and if i stop the page and try again it seems to load OK. If so many having problems there must be something going on.
~Mosaic

Greek Bonfire

I find if I only have one other browser open, it loads better, but if I have too many open, it just doesn't work at all.

Salome

Administrator
The pages are consistently loading fast for me... not sure what is up. Maybe some intermittent server load or something?

Suzanne Azhaar

Sometimes it is my issue. Sometimes it's a forum issue. How to tell the difference? Know what bandwidth you pay for, then test it for accuracy.

Speed Test | Bandwidth | Broadband Internet Services

If it is my issue, I unplug the connections to the router and modem, then reconnect. Give them a few minutes to find the required information and retest. Works like a charm, unless there is a nasty lightening storm in the area.