Silk Veils and Skirts by Sedonia -- please take a peek!

sedoniaraqs

Hello everyone:

For a limited time this summer I'm going to be creating veils and taking custom orders for veils and skirt sets. Please check out my work and let me know if I can create something for you!

Check back often for updated inventory! Contact me at sedoniaraqs@gmail.com

Veils are made as custom orders, or check below for what’s in stock for immediate purchase. Skirts are by custom order only (see post #2 for skirt info and examples). Prices do not include shipping. I take paypal.

Veils:
Generally $40-60 depending on pattern, silk weight (5, 6, or 8mm), and length (generally 3-4 yards, but can do other lengths).
Color patterns: I can do watercolor blends, ombres, contrasting edges. I’m good at creating veils to go with specific costumes via photos. I do mostly rectangles, but can also do 90” x 45” half circles.

See my website for examples of my work: Belly Dance in Carbondale, Carterville, and Southern Illinois - Nile Breeze Dance Company

Veils pictured below are available for immediate purchase. All are 3 yard, 45” wide.

Brown/Gold Ombre 6mm $45:

Purple/Gold Ombre 6mm $45:

Frivolous Peacock 6mm, $45 (2 more very similar available):

Golden Brown Ombre Kissed with Pink 6mm $45:

Fuchsia/Pink/Yellow extra-light 5mm $40:

My take on a rainbow 6mm $45:

Blue/Purple Ombre 6mm $45:

sedoniaraqs

Deluxe professional circle skirt and veil sets $200 (plus shipping)

Custom order a 1.5 circle skirt from 8 or 10mm silk that will be finished with fine detail. Custom dyed in solids or 2-3 color ombres. After dyeing, assembling, and hanging the skirt panels, I reshape them to restore a perfect circular shape and straight hemline, then finish the edge with a satin overcast stitch. A dyed-to match waistband is sewn to the top of the panels. This is a labor-intensive process, but my skirts will hang perfectly even. I can make the skirts any length, and I can hem the front shorter than the back to accommodate bootylicious dancers or belts that V in the front as well. The veil (6 or 8mm silk) will be dyed at the same time as the skirt panels.

Slit options (no extra charge for any of these options)
• Old school: the two back panels are sewn together, and the front panel is completely free of the back ones, so they can be worn Suhair Zaki style. Because the front and back panels are free, the gap is adjustable.
• No slits: all panels sewn together completely
• Partial slits: the back 2 panels are sewn completely closed, and the front panel is partially closed with the back, leaving side slits (but no gap) between back and front. I can make the slit any length.

Other value-added details: For no extra charge I can dye some remnant pieces of silk to match your skirt/veil set that you can use to make headbands, arm danglies, hip poufs, etc. For a small additional fee I can dye extra yardage for other accessories.

I can make skirts with more than 3 half-circle panels. Contact me for pricing.

Finish-it-yourself option $150: includes 3 custom-dyed half circle panels, 3 yard veil, silk piece to make waistband. You sew the waistband on, measure/trim the skirt edge, and hem it yourself.

Below are a few examples of my work.

Solid Fuchsia:

Royal Blue/Turquoise Ombre:

Hot Pink/Tangerine Orange Ombre, sold as finish-it-yourself: