Is My Noob Showing?

S.Zainab

Hello! I'm both a noob to this forum and to bellydance. I've taken classes here and there, off and on, but am only now seriously getting into it.

I'm currently taking basic bellydance classes with Zahra Zuhair and am planning to take some ATS basics classes with L.A. Tribal as well. I got into bellydance because my older sis is in an ATS troupe and because my maternal family are of Indian, Middle Eastern and Egyptian descent; so I'm comfortable and familiar with the culture (cultural understanding does not necessarily translate to natural grace and ease in dance, let me tell you :lol:).

I got sucked into this forum because I was trying to learn more about different types of bellydance and origins, and then my time got hijacked by fusion debate threads.

I'm here to learn, hear different perspectives and for guidance.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum:D It is easy to be 'sucked' into this dance form and once in not so easy to get out of its clutches ( not that we try very hard to get away;)) Enjoy the journey and have fun. If you have questions ask away, you can also search the forum for threads which may already have answers. Look forward to seeing (metaphorically speaking) you around the forum.
~Mosaic

Darshiva

Welcome, S.Zainab!

I have to admit your post topic drew me in too.

I am in complete envy of you. If I had the chance, I would do anything to study with Zahra Zuhair. You're very lucky and you're in very good hands.

I wish you all the best with your bellydance journey.

:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance::clap: